Sign in to follow this  
subzero1234

UM1 or ER6i?

You'll never not see them in a long while.

Heard that someone from headfi managed to sell his ipod earbuds for US$21.

OMG!!!! sell to which country???

haha.. my fren once ever told me tt the sound is very gd... ipod centre selling it for ard $60+... den i told him.. u pass me $50 nuff.. i help u to buy... wahaha... wad a crap earphone...

Gasp! Found someone who openly declared this on Cnet. :D

yes i understand your complaint alarandal. I also think these earbuds with rubber tips are extremely uncomfortable and i tried all sizes and some of the good brands also. They either dont stay in or they feel like a condom is in your ear. headphones are definitly a personal choice and i am happy with apples earbuds actually. i have the toshiba gigabeat s30 but bought apples earbuds off ebay for $10 because they were compact and i got used to them.

Cnet

Guest joi-ful

That guy really doesn't know what he's missing out.

*looking really smug here*

Edited by joi-ful

Lol you all dun be so mean la. Maybe his previous earphones was extremely crappy? That's why he thought he felt 'upgraded' in that sense to canal ear phones. Lol..

Guest joi-ful

yes i understand your complaint alarandal. I also think these earbuds with rubber tips are extremely uncomfortable and i tried all sizes and some of the good brands also. They either dont stay in or they feel like a condom is in your ear. headphones are definitly a personal choice and i am happy with apples earbuds actually. i have the toshiba gigabeat s30 but bought apples earbuds off ebay for $10 because they were compact and i got used to them.

Cnet

tok2mi: That guy has tried semi-canal and IEMs but apparently he didn't like it. iBuds refer to the default earbuds that comes with iPod i think. Seriously, I think even the earbuds that Creative provides are much better than that provided by Apple. They just...suck

While some people may not get to appreciate even lower entry IEMs (not semi canals) since they really sound a lot different from stock earbuds, I believe it's a smooth transition from stock earbuds to cheaper semi-canal phones. They're a bit easy on the ears, both the sound signature and comfort. When my friend lent me his ex71 2 years ago, I thought they were the best stuff on earth almost immediately after I heard them!! LOL.

I dunno if it's just me but switching from the Cresyn e630 to UM1 took a longer time before I can appreciate the upgrade. First impressions of the UM1: suddenly, all the details absent from the e630 are there and everything became a little more forward sounding. I've seriously no idea if that's good or bad. haha. But in the end I'm still glad I got to experience the better sounding UM1.

UM1 is a very good set of earphones...for single driver IEMs at its price, its very hard to beat...am using a ER4p n has tested UE Superfi.5pro...i still miss my UM1, which is now used by my gf

tho Superfi.5pro & ER4p has more details n somehow, they lack the fun n musicality of UM1

xllms

Cnet

tok2mi: That guy has tried semi-canal and IEMs but apparently he didn't like it. iBuds refer to the default earbuds that comes with iPod i think. Seriously, I think even the earbuds that Creative provides are much better than that provided by Apple. They just...suck

While some people may not get to appreciate even lower entry IEMs (not semi canals) since they really sound a lot different from stock earbuds, I believe it's a smooth transition from stock earbuds to cheaper semi-canal phones. They're a bit easy on the ears, both the sound signature and comfort. When my friend lent me his ex71 2 years ago, I thought they were the best stuff on earth almost immediately after I heard them!! LOL.

I dunno if it's just me but switching from the Cresyn e630 to UM1 took a longer time before I can appreciate the upgrade. First impressions of the UM1: suddenly, all the details absent from the e630 are there and everything became a little more forward sounding. I've seriously no idea if that's good or bad. haha. But in the end I'm still glad I got to experience the better sounding UM1.

well... i also think the same way as u... i wen i got my Ex71 3yrs ago, it sound heaven to me... my it oso took me some to to get use to Ex71 due to the recess mid. wen i gt Cresyn E630, i took a little more time to get use to the mid and finally when i tried the IEM, i fall in love with the mid... but to my fren, dey r strange... dey dislike in ear even lyk Ex71.. 3 yrs ago i lead me classmate, dey was lyk yucks... spend so much $ on a earphone tt stuck in ur yr.. but little did dey noe in ear earphone is so pop now

From my experience, people i introduce in-ears to just don't like the way they look... *shrug*...

From my experience, people i introduce in-ears to just don't like the way they look... *shrug*...

haha yeah. my friends all thought my new UM1s looked riduculous especially for the orange foam tips.

oh well... i'm not the one missing out...

haha yeah. my friends all thought my new UM1s looked riduculous especially for the orange foam tips.

oh well... i'm not the one missing out...

for sleekness, use shure clear tips (slightly harder than the grey ones)...

for sound performance, use the orange foams or the shure grey tips...u can also use the shure tri-flanges and mod it into a bi-flange...also can use the ety tri-flanges

most will not hear much difference unless they are audio enthusiasts or w trained ears...when i got my ety er4p, my sis-in-law can't tell the much difference in performance b/w panny HJE50 & ER4p...my bro then told her how much difference they are

my colleagues even jokingly asked if i have hearing problems when i first used UM1 :P

xllms