afbug

The Little Dot Micro+ thread!

i really got problem with the interconnect really need a change.............

haha... i went to stereo and tested the interconnet there today... dey really make a huge diff to sound.. the stock one cmi.. no detail as compare...

i noticed SE sells klotz & Belden cables w canares plugs...do u know how does belden sound? and also, how they compare to cardas @ Jaben?

i wanna have a lushier and fuller bodied sound

xllms

i haf nt tried cadas so i cant make any comparison

That is indeed a handsone looking amp. From the pics, I think I prefer the black one over the silver.

rrason for me nt getting black is due to the paint wk... it'll come off eventually..

well... heres my impression... bad sound quality... haiz... bass no controland treble untame as compare to my crossroad amp... hey but wait... my dad juz told me tt dun forget it juz out of the box so i ask him to bring hm and use iaudio u2 to burn in...

after 3h of burn in, i return to test dem... the bass compartment tighten up and treble is more tame now... haha... but still nt as gd as crossroad amp... however both sound and lk similar leading me to believe both is the same amp wif wif name only... currently giving it a 12h 1st charge and burning in in the process... hope tml wen i wake up, the sound will impress me...

haha... curious... i double amp my h10 and was amaze by the sound... the bass is so tight and punchy and treble is extended by alot.. the mid is also smooth... haha.. but too big to call portable le so i'll still stick to bring one amp out... foto cumin soon...

Theory_87, I tried what you tried, the crossroads and the ldm+ connected together makes it a pretty good preamp and amp set-up. The sound is pretty solid and I don't really think the two of them bundled together makes them any less portable.

went to jaben tis afternoon n uncle wilson told me some bugger cleared all his stocks on cardas last nite...:(

update and conclusion on my hissing problem (a mini story):

die4e_2005 was very kind to offer me his normal gain LDM+ to do a one-to-one comparison with my low gain set so as to let me ascertain whether what i have in my possession is indeed the low gain version.

my findings were, unfortunately for me, disappointing.

when i first heard the normal gain set (through an iPod lineout), i was somehow NOT surprised that i had the vol knob at the same position as on my low gain set. a haughty there-i-knew-it feeling washed over me. i was convinced that i was given the wrong amp.

but all that changed when i replaced my UM2 with a Grado SR80 that I was listening to just prior to meeting die4e_2005. seems like the difference between normal gain/low gain is not apparent at a low vol (9-10 o'clock knob position); furthermore, the normal gain set DID NOT exhibit any more hiss (with UM2) than my low gain set! however, upon turning the vol up using the Grado phone, the normal gain could drive it better in the most obvious way, ie: louder. my low gain set could still do the Grado loud enough to hear comfortably and then quite some more. but it was clear that a normal gain set would do the job better. another point that i should raise from this exercise is that i'm not sure if LDM+ (both low and normal gain) can actually drive the Grado properly (not just loud). That the Grado phone sounded forward is one well known trait, but through the LDM+, it sounded harsh and scratchy...like as if i was hearing the music out of an old transistor radio. or perhaps I just plain do not appreciate the Grado sound. or maybe i was just too used to my UM2. i really dont know; my only previous experience with headphones were those you find at HMV/Borders.

as it stands, the UM2 is still too sensitive a set of IEMs for LDM+, low gain or not. looks like the hiss is here to stay =/

p/s: i was also handed the shure attenuator to try and see if it would alleviate my hissssss peeve. and it did help lower the hiss quite substantially but it sure didnt eliminate it.

Hi all,

I have been thinking of upgrading my earphone from cresyn dl630 to a iem which cost about 150 till i come acoss this thread.

Just wondering should i "invest" in a amp instead of upgrading my iem?

Btw i am using a iAudio G3

Any comments from the experts?

Cheers

Hi all,

I have been thinking of upgrading my earphone from cresyn dl630 to a iem which cost about 150 till i come acoss this thread.

Cheers

get a good set of earphones first...the change in performance of a set of earphones at tat budget is going get more mileage and results as compared to an amp

xllms

Hi all,

Cheers

my opinion is that you should do your upgrading in this order:

earphones --> source --> amp

i upgraded the interconnect to a canars plug with belden brilliance wire and notice an improvement to the bass it become even tighter and clearer......

IPB Image

also tried out the canars plug with canars wire one which is enhaced more to the high side...............

both interconnect are from SE and thanks aron for his gr8 service even lwt me meddle with the SR60 which sounded very clear and bright.......

i upgraded the interconnect to a canars plug with belden brilliance wire and notice an improvement to the bass it become even tighter and clearer......

both interconnect are from SE and thanks aron for his gr8 service even lwt me meddle with the SR60 which sounded very clear and bright.......

So you bought both IC? Stereo got sell DIY IC these days? How much it cost you? Ya man, using stock IC is like using stock earphones like ibuds! So all amp owners should at least upgrade their ICs to a better one.

Still buring in my LDM+. Will update my 1st post accordingly. I want the LDM+ to have at least 50hrs under its belt before commenting on its sound.

Edited by afbug

is there any Cardas HP-1 wif straight plug?????

or any others that is small for portable uses???

I don't think the Cardas comes in straight plug. If you want small ones, you can get those DIY ones. Can specify what you want. I got a pair or Canare with straight plug to L plug. The straight plug is not too big, not as big as the one in the pic above.

Aftermarket ones cannot specify what you want but they normally look nicer and more class. :P Depends on your budget, if you got budget, can try those fancy stuff from RnB or Moon Audio.