lengcm

GS1000

So is the G1000 that great? At Headfi they claimed it was a rediscovery of classical music, or something like that.

I can say that yes the GS1K is good for the classical music. It difference from the others Grado range. For whose heavy metal gene, you got to have a very good HP amp to control the “Bass” of the GS1k or else it very fuzz...

Edited by Barradio

So is the G1000 that great? At Headfi they claimed it was a rediscovery of classical music, or something like that.

I can say that yes the GS1K is good for the classical music. It difference from the others Grado range. For whose heavy metal gene, you have a very good HP amp to control the “Bass†of the GS1k or else it very fuzz...

So which amp works better with the gs1k? the toaster or the ps audio? :))

hi all

I accidentally auditioned GS1000 just now. Was told this pair of cans are just in and already almost sold out.

All I can say is that GS1k is in a league of its own. Makes me forget about RS-1. Toggled between AKG 701, RS-1 and even W5000.

Yes, it is especially good with classical. Sounds so live like in concert hall. So open and strings resonate with strong vibrations. Gone are the signature aggressive attack of drums in rock and pop. Drums sound more refined but with still same levels of PRAT.

Some how even RS1 sounds a tad bright and aggressive compared with GS1k. Of course, GS1k feels so comfy with their D-size cups! :lol:

Some interesting pics:

Finally I compared Gs1k with W5000. As all may know, W5000 is a great sounding closed cans that sounds open... BUT for the first time, W5000 sounds closed and a tad muddy even from the first note been played. Alamak, what happened? When I plugged back GS1k, I'm back in audio nirvana. :cans:

So.. you must have this burning question in mind: Did I part with my pennies to get GS1k? Hmmm all I can say is GS1000 draws me deep deep into music. I feel very fustrated when I returned to listen to my music again with my setup... :wallbash:

Edited by ericssan

WOW! Finally, pictures of the GS-1000 box...Guess I'll rather not have them...Its the usual pizza boxes again... :bash: Even the USPS parcel box that came with mine looks cooler...

WOW! Finally, pictures of the GS-1000 box...Guess I'll rather not have them...Its the usual pizza boxes again... :bash: Even the USPS parcel box that came with mine looks cooler...

hi Razor,

I took these pics @Stereo with RS-1's box. I heard Grado still ship GS1k same type of boxes, probably a tad deeper. :beer:

Hmmm...I guess I'll not bother Todd to send me the boxes that he promised then...I'am happy with my boxless GS-1000's at the moment...

as much as i like the gs1000, have to buy (and win some decent $$) 4D first.

Yes SGD1600 can buy lotsa of stuff. But ATH-W5000 can be closed to GS1000, if we settled our emotions and compared them over an extended period of time. :beer:

Finally I compared Gs1k with W5000. As all may know, W5000 is a great sounding closed cans that sounds open... BUT for the first time, W5000 sounds closed and a tad muddy even from the first note been played. Alamak, what happened? When I plugged back GS1k, I'm back in audio nirvana. :cans:

So.. you must have this burning question in mind: Did I part with my pennies to get GS1k? Hmmm all I can say is GS1000 draws me deep deep into music. I feel very fustrated when I returned to listen to my music again with my setup... :wallbash:

Eric

what was the system through which you did the comparison?

Eric

what was the system through which you did the comparison?

hi CMK

I was auditioning at Stereo's test setup: Cambridge CDP, MF X-Cans.

Wow i didnt know the amp was the x-canv3. Ericssan you should try the Grado RA-1 or a headroom amp. The Grado's really prefer it to the x-can's - better synergy IMO of course.