Rameish

Need a Venue for Next SG Headphone Meet

a little OT, but i havent really seen pipee around in the forums since the last meet.. ohmy.gif

Hi everybody, I need a date to start an inquiry I can't promise anything yet. So don't keep your hopes too high because these places do need bookings well in advance.

Edited by matbon0013

If you can Mat, try booking for the 10th October (Sunday ok?) or alternatively 12th or 19th October. Adjust accordingly if people here prefer Saturday.

Looks like the Brunei contingent won't be able to arrange the venue. Anyone can propose?

Okay I have check out the Singapore Polytechnic Grads guild. It will cost $660 to rent a room with a capacity of 60 persons (sitting) or 120 persons (standing). Let me know if you guys are interested.

I expect to be there between 9th (Sat) to 11th August (Mon).

Don't mean to sound ungreatful but it sounds a little steep lengcm. Unless that is inclusive of food! We might not need that much room either.

No problem man but that is the smallest room they have. If that is the case, I dun think I can help much then. I think you will be looking much steeper price if you want to book a hotel function room.

exactly that's my thought also.. 660 .. and say even if 50 are going each will have to pay around 13 dollars.

Thanks for the information though, lengcm. Let's see if 'kim-jong' ablaze is willing to sponsor at least 50 percent lol.giflol.gif jk..

Our initial proposal was around less than $300 at a hotel's small function room but using Mat's 'lobang', unfortunately since we didn't book well in advance that's out of the window.

$660 is a steal for that size room, get some players to sponsor/subsidise and somebody to arrange light refreshments and you're off. Not alot of time left!

we should try to confirm the no. of people coming before we book any rooms. I go down to SP to do a recce and hope that there will be smaller room. Maybe a conference room maybe sufficient.

Make sure it has plenty of electrical power outlets.