Rameish

Need a Venue for Next SG Headphone Meet

Okie guys I have looked at the boardroom in the Singapore Poly Grad Guild (SPGG). It seems like the board room will be sufficient for 20 pax up to 30 pax. The cost is $120 for 4 hrs and $150 for 8hrs. Let me know if you want to take a look at the quotation.

I reckon you guys would need the 8 hours wink.gif

wish I could come sad2.gif

I'll setup a darwin headphone meet sometime.

Which will most likely consist of me going to jarthels house. tongue.gif

8 hrs seems better value plus might need that extra time for set up & packing up time. Are they open on Sunday? Also, can you give me the full address.

8 hrs seems better value plus might need that extra time for set up & packing up time. Are they open on Sunday? Also, can you give me the full address.

Yup they are open on Sun.

www.spgg.org.sg

Edited by lengcm

Wow! Thanks for the link The Poolside looks great.

So what do you think guys? Venue do-able? SG$150 ok? We spread the cost, voluntary pool collection.

How shall we arrange refreshments? Just drinks for during the meet then after that convene at the resturant?

pool looks good.

150 should be okay. someone pay for it first , later we divide among ourselves in the meet

If everyone agrees, I will proceed to book the venue and arrange for the necessary refreshments ie coffee, tea and some finger food tomorrow. Meanwhile I will need to start collating the namelist and the equipment for this meet.

Edited by lengcm

Put me down. yeah.gif

I think I will only bring my PCII amp (for the volume control replacement) & Canare/Marketek mini to mini cable as I expect to buy new stuff there anyway wink.gif Plus bar the MG Head (which is my precious so that stays!) most of you guys have what I have anyway. No sense in overloading my baggage as I want to bring my Linn LP12 to have it serviced.

what?? no RS1s?? N@Z, bring on those headphones collection you have. they are smaller anyway.

i imagine beyer 880s lying all around the place. we need some variety to dilute the 880 population.

It will be a great impetus for attendance if there are some poly gals hanging around the venue. We can give them a "head" naughty.gif (pun intended) start in audio-feela (once again, intended) ....... w00t.gif

ahem........ on a serious note, I'm all for lengcm's pick. If I can't turn up, rest assure U have my support on the financing part.

Edited by Mackie

Evil: You have to remember I have to travel all that way from Brunei every bit of available space is precious not just for going to but more for coming back I expect to have a shopping list of items to get for family members (did I mention that the wife might not be coming?). I wish I could just slip off for a trip without telling anyone.

Jaskin has a pair of RS-1 maybe he could bring & potentially sell there. It might be better logistically if DT880 owners bring something else if they have other headphones to prevent duplication. But if you want to bring them then I have no objections either. I fully expect your Gilmore to be there. RawHit's HP-1! Ablaze's CD3000! Jasonhanjk's clone PPA, etc etc...

Mackie: I like the way you think! LOL! If enough one each meh... no sharing business.

I know some guys have purchased new gears recently. They shall all be revealed in this forthcoming meet......hopefully. Guys, U know who U are......... happy.gif

Naz: I concur.........never believe in ORchard road GYnaechologist.

Jaskin and Baradio have an RS-1 each and Tee has the RS-2 so not much point in having N@Z bring his RS-1. Also, I'm fine with the venue. Please do provide address. As for the price I'm sure there will be more than 15 people so that works out to S$10 each. BTW does that include or exclude drinks and finger food?

Thanks Leng.

Lengcm mentioned via PM to me he is going ahead with the booking & will also make the necessary arrangements for refreshments as well. We'll keep you posted.

It will be a great impetus for attendance if there are some poly gals hanging around the venue.  We can give them a "head"  naughty.gif (pun intended) start in audio-feela  (once again, intended) ....... w00t.gif

ahem........ on a serious note, I'm all for lengcm's pick.  If I can't turn up, rest assure U have my support on the financing part.

Mackie: The poly gals does not appear on Sunday... so too bad no.gif

Rameish: If you want to take a look at the location, I can come over to your place to pick you up and we can go take another proper look.

Anyway I will be contributing my Sudgen and the Modded X-cans v2. Of course not forgeting the X-feed...

Edited by lengcm