Sign in to follow this  
heowcw

CD PLAYER

Final OT on the polisher:

3M Stainless Steel polisher is available at any of the HomeFix store.

Mychew: Your X-can is polished with this too. The black chassis appears blacker than black. laugh.gif

oh yea mackie, heard paganini ?

Blues,

Sure did. A very refined and smooth sounding player but leans toward the laidback side of things. Great with vocals and chamber music but Paganini may falter on any music that requires dynamics and energy. The same traits are found in the higher model Maestro as well. Both are great looking machines. Musicality is their forte.

Edited by Mackie

oh...ok..

hm...but compare to your headphone setup and hy's fren;s setup..i find your one is of my taste....but the parasound setup there not bad too..he is parasound fan i think...all parasound stuff..but personally never heard of parasound setup b4....ah...my god...i forgot how it sounds already...but anyway...it's definitely not of my taste tongue.gif

oh yea mackie, heard paganini ?

Blues,

Sure did. A very refined and smooth sounding player but leans toward the laidback side of things. Great with vocals and chamber music but Paganini may falter on any music that requires dynamics and energy. The same traits are found in the higher model Maestro as well. Both are great looking machines. Musicality is their forte.

how does it fare against marantz cd17mkiii and mf?

so which means.. the paganini will suit classical and jazz type of music better than pop/alternative rock?

hm ok cos I am trying to make a list of upcoming cdps blink.gif

thanks laugh.gif

Edited by Blues

I wonder why none has even hinted at Arcam?

You can pick up a secondhand Alpha 9 now for quit cheep. I know 'coz I saw one on ebay a few weeks back and hated the low price dry.gif It sold for £380! I pay £750 lol!

how does it fare against marantz cd17mkiii and mf?

so which means.. the paganini will suit classical and jazz type of music better than pop/alternative rock?

hm ok cos I am trying to make a list of upcoming cdps  blink.gif

thanks  laugh.gif

The aforementioned cdps are of different price range and not fair to make a comparison. Best value for money goes to CD17MKII for its lovely sound cum price. MFA3 series requires an acquired taste as it sounds like a tube cdp (almost). Audio Analogue is suitable for those who prefers refinement.

In your case, I reckon U should place your priority in this order Marantz, MF and AA. AA is not suitable for trance/rock music IMO.

Between $1000-2000 range, also consider Rega 2000 and Exposure 2010.

Edited by Mackie

ok taking the name down.

I will try and audit all if I have the chance cool.gif

I agree the cd17mkiii sounds darn good. esp at that price..

the only thing that bugs me abt the 6kose is that sligthtly edgy top end. Otherwise it would've been quite perfect, but then again nothing is perfect, let alone a cdp costing only ard 400+ rite laugh.gif

oh yea.. what do u mean by 'refinement' ? I get the tube sound(mf), or warm sound (cd17) , but refined? as in... ? wacko.gif

Edited by Blues

Think of chocolates like Forest Gump. tongue.gif

Can U taste the difference between Godiva and Van Houten chocs albeit both are equally sweet?

AA has a silky smooth and rather elegant sound. Owing to this, it doesn't jump with exhuberation even though it should with some music. It tends to portray this passage of music in a more mundane and relaxed manner. I reckon U need to audition this cdp at Music By Design to understand what I'm trying to say. I've tried my best to describe it to U.

Think of chocolates like Forest Gump. tongue.gif

Can U taste the difference between Godiva and Van Houten chocs albeit both are equally sweet?

AA has a silky smooth and rather elegant sound. Owing to this, it doesn't jump with exhuberation even though it should with some music. It tends to portray this passage of music in a more mundane and relaxed manner. I reckon U need to audition this cdp at Music By Design to understand what I'm trying to say. I've tried my best to describe it to U.

sounds interesting!! laugh.giflaugh.gif ..

okay.. will try and listen to them.

do they sound like analogue at all? owing to their silky smooth sound? blink.giflol.gif

It's for me to know and for U to find out........say it with "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" theme playing in the background. laugh.gif

It's for me to know and for U to find out........say it with "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" theme playing in the background. laugh.gif

lol.giflol.gif hahahaha...

ok smile.gif

Got any CDP pics lying around? I wanna looksie tongue.gif