Sign in to follow this  
heowcw

CD PLAYER

Thanx but no thank yew... tongue.gif

Congras to Blues and Barradio for your recent acquisitions. Sorrie for my late reply as i was away on duty call.

I didn't advertise to sell X5000 although it maybe due soon once my plan on the SACD hybrid plan is finalised.

Meanwhile, i am helping a friend to audition a mod Philips 963SA. It'll be featured in the coming AV show in Meridien Hotel. Stay tuned. wink.gif

Sure....btw it can be used as a transport with upgarded DAC to surpass XA7ES' standard. wink.gif

by the time you add the high end dac the cost will be wacko.gifwacko.gif ..

hehee

well Blues, it is a question of having "matching" and "balanced" system, where the "cost element" lies in between. So the art of reaching one's optimised state is really a very subjective objective. I have recently heard a S$1k add-on to a mediocre DVDP that beats a delicated S$5k CDP (hi-end British brand) flat down. So actual listening is believing, esp with the current flux of technology changes. wink.gif

well Blues, it is a question of having "matching" and "balanced" system, where the "cost element" lies in between. So the art of reaching one's optimised state is really a very subjective objective. I have recently heard a S$1k add-on to a mediocre DVDP that beats a delicated S$5k CDP (hi-end British brand) flat down. So actual listening is believing, esp with the current flux of technology changes. wink.gif

We are begining to get to 'tee' effect' now I should think wink.gif

Thanks mat laugh.gif

built in papua new guinea ... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

heheh don't know lah.. I am not sure man hee tongue.gif

Eastern or Western PNG? Imp as those made in the Eastern part came with a Sony transport while those made in the Western part came with a Philips transport. (I'm being silly here).

I don't know the usefulness of this thread - a more useful one would be one based on price with a comment added to state if the owner/listener found the CDP to be on the bright/warm side of things, did it have air/atmosphere, was the soundstaging focused, etc.

So in the below S$500 category we would have a contender listed thus:

"Marantz CD-6000 OSE LE - a warm sounding CD player but a bit edgy on the top end. Comes with a very decent headphone out jack that has the volume control on the remote. Nice CDP for those on a budget - esp since it had a built in headphone amp as well."

hm.. now that you asked me about it,

yeah: it's made in UK (wembley,middlesex,england).

Using Sony transport and sony optical pick-up type(this one I took from the manual)

Shame they didn't do this mod on the Marantz CD6000 which has the better transport. Heart CD6000 is just too expensive new.

lol.... newer isn't necessary better. My decade old player (it isn't even a dedicated CDP) is better than my modded NAD... damn it.. Gotta spend $$ modding my player now.. hehe.

Edited by Firefox