Sign in to follow this  
heowcw

CD PLAYER

I've seen cd17mkii KI .. how different is it from the newer cd17mkiii?

anyone? mellow.gif

No personal experience, merely hearsay...........I heard from some members on other forums that CD17MKIII has improved on the sound of its predecessor MKIIKI.

ohmy.gif ooh ok.. cd17mkii KI is no longer in production is it?

hm tomorrow gonna listen to some cdps over at tee's place.. hee hee part of my source journey laugh.giflaugh.gif

and what's with -> Little tabby cat has just dropped a note into the wishing well

LOL!!! lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif so cute tongue.gif

Yup, once superseded, the model will no longer be produced.

Just to say I've dropped U a note on your thread. Aren't U wishing for an answer?

Yea.. I know.. I know.. but the way you said it was very cute lol.giflol.gif

Hm... cd17mkiii.. does it still suffer from the hi end sharpness?

what about those china tube cd players ? any good in ard 1k range? laugh.gif .. dun tell me shanling cd-t100.. abit over budget lol.giflol.gif

U've heard Oak's CD17MKIII right? It does not have the treble tilt of CD6000OSE. I can only think of Opera 2.2 costing $1450/1750 (wood and steel cover).

Yeap.. saw it being advertised... opera 2.2

I've heard lengcm's consonance (they're same company rite) 1.1 at the meet, find it detailed but too bright for my taste. Perhaps attributed to the ancillaries also .. not sure.

cd17mkiii? great. At the second meet, hadn't u brought your A3 I think by now I'd have gotten some cd17mkiii lol.gif

it's like I heard oak's.. ok.. fantastic. then it was in the top ... suddenly I heard the MF... uh.. sleep.gifsleep.gif ..

I gone case now no.gif

Has anyone heard of Sony CDP-X5000 ??

how's the sound? mellow.gif I saw it selling for a lil over 1k.. seems steep but the transport seems quite solid

how's the sound? mellow.gif I saw it selling for a lil over 1k.. seems steep but the transport seems quite solid

The X5000 is a very good & unique player. It has a fix lens transport ie. only the transport will move and track. IMHO if you find the Opera 1.1 too bright, it might be the system matching or you can always try the 2.2 which shares almost the same electronics except for a tube buffered RCA output stage ala MF X10D. Worth a listen, and at S$1400 now it is a steal. wink.gif

May be tee can give some infor on Sony X-5000 how it sound. biggrin.gif

tee has the sony ohmy.gifohmy.gif ...

must give him a call already laugh.gif

headphonecrazy: barradio told me the 1.1 is actually warm, so I wonder whether the sugden is the one that makes the whole thing sounds bright, or the IC maybe? I don't know. 2.2 seems good but a lil over my budget for now

Edited by Blues

Although I was a lil' bit disappointed with the sound of Consonance 1.1 + Headmaster, I reckon we might not have explored the full potential of the cdp which looks rather impressive on paper. As its dac is a maxed out version of Marantz CD7300 which I regarded highly, I think the earlier disappointment may be a case of wrong system synergy and partnering accessory/ancillary.

Hm... has anyone heard of Sony XA7ES? what is the price that can be expected from this player? hee hee I seem to love the look of sony older cdp mellow.gif

apparently it was the top end model from mid to late 90s.

how is the parts? easily replaceable? laugh.gif

If U can get hold of XA7ES, good for ya. I've auditioned this cdp before and missed the deal because of procrastination. Excellent transport and built like a tank. It has an analytical sound but yet smooth and warm. It's already an eye candy to see how the cd tray eject and retract, smooth and slient like a Lexus. Last dealt price I've seen on classified is around $1400-1700. A cheaper counterpart but more contemporary is XA50ES. However, the older sibling is superior in sound. Please audition Sony cdps as their house sound may not go down well with some people.