Sign in to follow this  
heowcw

CD PLAYER

tee has the sony ohmy.gifohmy.gif ...

must give him a call already laugh.gif

headphonecrazy: barradio told me the 1.1 is actually warm, so I wonder whether the sugden is the one that makes the whole thing sounds bright, or the IC maybe? I don't know. 2.2 seems good but a lil over my budget for now

If you are referring the sound that you heard over at the meet, yes I guess it could be the system matching - Chord Cables & Headmaster. You should listen to it if you have a chance with other combination of headamps/ics.

If U can get hold of XA7ES, good for ya. I've auditioned this cdp before and missed the deal because of procrastination. Excellent transport and built like a tank. It has an analytical sound but yet smooth and warm. It's already an eye candy to see how the cd tray eject and retract, smooth and slient like a Lexus. Last dealt price I've seen on classified is around $1400-1700. A cheaper counterpart but more contemporary is XA50ES. However, the older sibling is superior in sound. Please audition Sony cdps as their house sound may not go down well with some people.

your description already makes me hungry laugh.giflaugh.gif

hungry for music maybe wub.gifwub.gif

LOL lol.giflol.gif !!

headphonecrazy:

I agree.. I would like to try and audition the consonance players.. esp the 1.1 and 2.2 laugh.gif

tee has the sony  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif ...

must give him a call already  laugh.gif

headphonecrazy: barradio told me the 1.1 is actually warm, so I wonder whether the sugden is the one that makes the whole thing sounds bright, or the IC maybe? I don't know. 2.2 seems good but a lil over my budget for now

If you are referring the sound that you heard over at the meet, yes I guess it could be the system matching - Chord Cables & Headmaster. You should listen to it if you have a chance with other combination of headamps/ics.

It maybe the IC. The combo of 1.1, Sudgen and the HD600 with Euquinox sounded very different with all sorts of IC. The IC I have tried includes

Taralabs Air 3: good extention in both the top and bottom end. Recessed Midrange

Taralabs Ref Gen 2: Excellent midrange but no very good extention in the 2 ends

Au24: Excellent top end and mdirange and extreme "clear" souding but lacking in the bottom end

KS1030: Good all rounder but maybe analytical at times due to 24/192 upsampling.

KS1020: Quite similar to KS1030.

Some white coloured IC: Very musical but lacking in details

Chord Chorus: Warm sounding but sibilant and lacking in details

Chord Anthem: Neutral sounding but lacking in details.

Edited by lengcm

What a boo boo that guy sold his XA7es already.. time to go hunting again rolleyes.gif

Try again Blues.....a good hunter must be fast in your catch and stayed tuned always.

Next Sunday, i can let you try the Denon DCD-S1. wink.gif

Try again Blues.....a good hunter must be fast in your catch and stayed tuned always.

Next Sunday, i can let you try the Denon DCD-S1. wink.gif

they say 2 hunters work better than one..

so will you help me tee laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

ok, sure .. just confirm with me the timing through sms

laugh.gif ... so they say, 3 hunters will make a wonderful team. Like.. the three musketeers eh tongue.gif

hm anyone knows where I can audition Rega Planet 2000? unsure.gif

mackie, mf A3cd 2nd hand price is ard how much huh? laugh.gif

Hey blues, I am going to audition the Rega as well, want to go to adelphi next week?

You can audition the Regas at CD Acoustics at Adelphi, go look for Jimmy.

From memory, MF A3CD is about $1400 and A3.2Cd is $1700-1800. However, prices may change due to supply/demand factor. For eg, XA7ES has been superseded for a long time now and rarely do they appear on classifieds. If they do, they tend to fetch more than $1500.

lengcm: can, just pm me when you wanna go, and we go down together

wonder if they allow us to hook up our headphone to their cdp though unsure.gif

mackie: thanx for the update on the price.. hm... ok.. I will bite the MF then. umm.. yummy laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Blues

hm... here are some good fish:

Sony CDP-XA7ES: http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?dgtl...play&1065393223

selling for 900+shipping, maybe someone would like to negotiate and bring down the price. It lays somewhere in 1500-1600 range shipped, seems like quite a good deal considering they are very rare.

Rega Planet 2000 : http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?dgtl...play&1066008305

575 plus shipping. I don't know the second hand price locally though.