Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Closed Headphones

ATH-M40fs accurate & neutral (D40fs is the bass enhanced version)

isolation is quite good too, more forward compared to W1000

price $150 at SLS

post-2-1067423124.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

I'd expect it to be bigger then the V6's. These are Pro headphones after all. Hopefully Mackie will have some comparo pics in relation to other headphones when his review is posted.

ive been trying to hold off getting another pair of headphones till i get an amp but after reading bout all the enthusiasm in this thread, i may just plop down the cash for one of these babies....

imho, those babies are beautiful....

Q00 , which headphone are you referring to?

Long time ago in a planet call sgheadphone fanatics I did tell ya guys about the DT-150. Very neutral, a bt dry when compared to other more "musical" cans like the Grados, other Beyers - except the DT-770 which I dislike - and Senns.

Sifu... I only one listened to you... yes.gif Managed to convince Mackie in the process!

What convinces me is sound quality and the price pegged to it. If the ratio is not substantial (by my own measurement), it's hard for me to make a commitment.

Thanks to Naz for creating a furore with his order and my exhuberance is certainly adding fuel to fire. party.gif

Gees.......I can't even recall how the big hoohar started with DT150.

Edited by Mackie

All righty guys......I smell a power buy in the horizon. I will take some pictures tonight and review will be out on Fri....this I promise.

Thanks to Naz for creating a furore with his order and my exhuberance is certainly adding fuel to fire. party.gif

I was but the spark from Rameish's Flint.

So, can I expect mine by early next week? wink.gif

Thanks thumbup1.gif

Hi guys,

didn't want to start a new thread for this, but...am looking for a closed set of headphones specifically for travelling (bus to work and home only la).

Am currently using the senns MX500, but I find that it still lets in alot of sound(old ladies talking, kids yelling, handphone yabbers etc) and it's bloody irritating.

budget is prolly abt $100 give or take. the ATH-M40 sounds promising, does it seal off sound well? I've already tried the sony E71(???) but I don't really like the way it pokes into my ear(so forget etys too).

Thanks in advance.

Chris