Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Closed Headphones

IMHO, you can take DT880 as a reference and the DT150 just pushes everything a few steps further. The midrange is particularly excellent.

I don't think I can describe well the sounds that I've heard from the DT150 so I guess you can wait for Mackie's review.

Mackie, you've made my day!

headphone.gif

Does that mean the mid range of the 150 is not as recessed as the 880? The recessed mid range is the reason why I sold the 880. Other than that the 880 is a nice pair of cans.

You certainly know how to string along the suspense!

IMHO, you can take DT880 as a reference and the DT150 just pushes everything a few steps further. The midrange is particularly excellent.

I don't think I can describe well the sounds that I've heard from the DT150 so I guess you can wait for Mackie's review.

headphone.gif

Does that mean the mid range of the 150 is not as recessed as the 880? The recessed mid range is the reason why I sold the 880. Other than that the 880 is a nice pair of cans.

lengcm, IMHO, I think DT150 is simply neutral across the aural spectrum and harbours a bass capability that kicks butt but not too exhuberant like DT770. No offense to owners of the latter but I was disillusioned with close-back cans when I auditioned it. Maybe the cause of it all was my "fear factor" ..............claustophobia?

Edited by Mackie

You certainly know how to string along the suspense!

Well Naz, it is certainly unintentional but I have to be at my best to produce a review that matches up with the fine performance of DT150.

headphone.gif

lengcm, IMHO, I think DT150 is simply neutral across the aural spectrum and harbours a bass capability that kicks butt but not too exhuberant like DT770. No offense to owners of the latter but I was disillusioned with close-back cans when I auditioned it. Maybe the cause of it all was my "fear factor" ..............claustophobia?

Mackie, how does the 150 compares with the 931 then in terms of neutrality?

Hmm... I wonder if Mat would mind if I keep his DT880 a little longer so I can compare between the two as well. headphone.gif vs beyer.gif

Mackie, how does the 150 compares with the 931 then in terms of neutrality?

931 is never neutral because of its analytical treble. Some even find it bright but I don't despite my non-penchant for brightness.

To put it simply, I can't put my finger on any fault in DT150. Maybe some would find its bass overpowering but this group wouldn't favour close-back designs in the first place.

based on the description , the dt150 sounds like my cup of tea. How is the detail compared to dt250 mackie?

Look at what you made me do Mackie!!!

DSC00019.jpg

..haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

next you snap your pics and put it as the t68i's wallpap, encik! tongue.gif

Hmm... I wonder if Mat would mind if I keep his DT880 a little longer so I can compare between the two as well. headphone.gif vs beyer.gif

Naz, do not discount DT880 just yet for I'd the same doubts too.

After an extended session on DT150, a switch to DT880 will offer the respite and refinement for a different palate. I think both should co-exist to cover various genre of music and the moods one is in.

If I wish to relax with fine wine, DT880 is my choice. If I'm in the mood to do the pelvis inward/outward swing popularized by both Mr. Bean and Ace Ventura, DT150 is my choice. biggrin.gif

based on the description , the dt150 sounds like my cup of tea. How is the detail compared to dt250 mackie?

Let's just say blown away.............gees.........I'm revealing bits and pieces all over the place. Please wait for my review dear. tongue.gif

Naz........I'm certainly not guilty of any hard selling tactics and I've yet to learn how to control one's mind. lol.gif

crazylaugh.gif

dt150_bg.jpg