Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Closed Headphones

How muh are they supposed to be? The price sticky has it at SG$99 or did I see wrong/was it posted wrong.

i got mine for $95 from hung bros afrer

and actually, i had misread you post as

but it's less than $100!

rather than

plus it's less than $100

sorry!

used to have a hd-25

simply one of the best closed cans imho...

very detailed sound but not tat comfortable

HD890 are open.

DT-150 is about the Same as Sony V6 in terms of isolation (maybe a little better). I don't really know because I wake up at night and listen to misic when the world is at peace. The futon in the living room is my second bed. So I guessing on this isolation thing.

You know I'm going to say it, so I'll just say it - CD3000s laugh.gif

i dont' know your definition of 'loud' but at low-medium volumes, the lady sleeping beside you shouldn't complain wink.gif (notice I didn't say wife haha)

I second this suggestion. smile.gif

I pulled the trigger while I was at Changi & bought the PX200 at the airport! Coincidently saw the EX50 & 51 there as well. There's about 50 odd hours run in time on it already.

The CD3Ks are massive though. I like isolation but man with our humidity your ears will melt off.

cd3k doesn't isolate very well.. also it leaks a little.

I have to agree you can't really enjoy them in the hot afternoon.

But at night when you on the aircon.. simply superb party.gif

aircon is for people richer than I. my k501s tend to get a bit hot as it is. Thats why I always loved my buds my ears felt so free.

cd3k doesn't isolate very well.. also it leaks a little.

I have to agree you can't really enjoy them in the hot afternoon.

But at night when you on the aircon.. simply superb party.gif

Hey Blues, can you comment on your sonic experience with the 3K?

Thanks

hm.. I can say that it is more forward than my 880..

thus I am able to pick up a lil more detail.

The soundstage is massive for a closed cans, like not listening to a closed cans at all! ohmy.gif

Instead it gives you a 'reverb' echoey sound, which kinda gives you the rough estimation of how big the recording studio is. Very nice..

The mid is warm and full, with a slight colouration, in comparison with the neutral 880.

I much prefer male voices from cd3k but for female, I would have to give 880 a lil edge. It just sounds a lil more 'ethereal' and sony has a slight sibilance 'ss'. The high end which some people say is too sharp on sony is just nice on my system, thanks to tara perhaps? because usually ss amps are not a good match to cd3k.

To me, 880's forte is in reproducing acoustic guitars. I always thought it's one of the best if not the best hp for reproducing acoustic guitars. But the sony can do it just as well.

Hm I will try and come up with a detailed write up while I still have barradio's cd3k with me. But this is the general impression of cd3k against my 880.

Edited by Blues

A lil bump.

Used Beyer DT250 - 250 ohm version coming soon. Impressions will be posted up in a new thread.

naz, do keep us posted.

I owned the 250-80ohm for about 2-3 months before moving on to dt770pro. I recalled that I really loved their sound back then.

Someday I'd like to try them out again.. biggrin.gif

Looking forward to it as according to Rameish this is the closest in sound to the HD600 albeit closed version. If it is both comfortable & doesn't leak out sound like the 7506 then it's a keeper.