Morgan Wu

DIY guide for LOD

I am interested to know where you got the cables from too! Btw, have you guys seen the new Ultimate Link cables? They look real good!

PS: Kookie, i think its ~100sgd. I believe it is the cheapest station you can find anywhere.

Habba, what 3.5mm plug are you using?

it's the real thing. got it from ALO.

canare f12. the neutriks and pailicc i have doesnt fit. :(

Edited by habba

Its the real thing? You mean you got the wires from ALO and DIY the rest? Lol, looks like the insulation is really thick isnt it.

Edited by Morgan Wu

Its the real thing? You mean you got the wires from ALO and DIY the rest? Lol, looks like the insulation is really thick isnt it.

yes. i've organize an mo a few weeks ago... respond was pretty bad....

but mange to get 50ft for a great discount.

yup the insulation is thick. but they are very flexible.

Guest fiiophile

22awg.

18awg are just a bit thicker.

I see. Pretty nice job actually! I bet it sounds better than it looks. SXC cryo means it is a cryo silver cable?

They look exactly like the one in ALO's web but without heatshrink!

Haha, yeah, i saw your post for mass order. Actually, 18awg is almost 60% thicker than 22awg. 18awg's wire diameter is 1.024mm, while 22awg's wire diameter is 0.644mm.

That extra flexibility is a big plus man, the LODs i made up till now are all stiff like hell. You got any more ALO wires left btw, how does they sound?

IPB Image

<<STIFF>> :grin:

I made a LOD yesterday night to try out my new soldering station, works great. Also took a ton of pictures to put into my guide. Gonna update my guide once i got the time.

IPB Image

The LOD sounds great too!

My LODs are modeled after this one:

IPB Image

And i use cryo treated wires too! :grin:

Edited by Morgan Wu

Haha, yeah, i saw your post for mass order. Actually, 18awg is almost 60% thicker than 22awg. 18awg's wire diameter is 1.024mm, while 22awg's wire diameter is 0.644mm.

That extra flexibility is a big plus man, the LODs i made up till now are all stiff like hell. You got any more ALO wires left btw, how does they sound?

I've compare side by side with 18 and 22awg. difference doesnt seems so big with me.

In fact i do have about 2m of the 22awg sxc to spare. do drop me a pm.

Hey, may i ask where you guys get those exotic plugs?

the canare f12 aint exotic. just go LHS. they have them.

pailicc are abit harder to get...

Haha, i just got 2 feet of the SXC cables from Habba. They look good and real flexible (even springy). Damm cute.

I didnt have the chance to ask you just now, you mentioned that they are difficult to work with, why? And does the insulation melt?

PS: For everyone's info, one of the best thing about Teflon insulation is their high melting points. I dont have to worry about the Teflon melting, and they do not shrink when come in contact with heat, another big plus. The downside is that Teflon is stiff, much stiffer than the insulation on the SXC cable.

And guys, do me a favor, click on the link in my signature, i wanna ask some questions that i dun think can be asked here.

Edited by Morgan Wu