Morgan Wu

DIY guide for LOD

the insulation melts abit, but that's not an issue. i find them hard to work with due to their flexibility. wont stay long enough at a place for me to solder on. eps i've braided them. mainly due to the fact that i use very short pcs then.

it very easy for me. In fact, the smoothest and best built quality i ever made. Perhaps due to me working with 18awg cryo from Jena earlier on.

IPB Image

nope... the plug is as easy to work as switchcraft. i find neutrik the hardest to work with. but it the cheapest.

IPB Image

yup pailicc jacks entry are pretty big, far more bigger than the neutriks..but pailiccs seem to have become more costly.. :rclxub::rclxub:

I hate to say it but after so many posts, I still don't see a DIY guide to making LOD.Maybe samples of DIY LODs made by some posters. But no guide. :unsure:

?? The guy who told me that was a experienced DIYer too. Looks like i got to try it out myself. Ey.. No one got pictures of their own LOD to post?

own LOD? Those interconnect is made by myself. I'm using imod 4g so i just need mini to mini. the opening of pailicc is as big as switchcraft. But switchcraft is more durable and the pole diameter is bigger than 3.5mm which result in tight fitting when plug in.

Sorry heady, it might not be clear, but i stated explicitly that it the guide is in my blog (listed in my signature).

The post here is to notify people about it and share our creations. I find it a joy (and we believe we are not breaking any rules) to see other people's creations when they post their pictures.

However, if you insist, i can simply change the thread topic to {post your cable creations here!}.

PS: The guide in my blog is still under construction because i am having exams right now.

Theory_87, sorry, i meant own DIYed LOD or interconnects. I realized that i am not clear after reading what i wrote myself, :P .

Morgan,

I did visit your blog which seems to be more about selling LODs and not instructions on how to build DIY LODs. So it does seem like your thread is misrepresenting itself.

But I am posting my opinion as a forum member.

heady.

Heady,

I think you missed the pages listed on the right then.

The guide i wrote there, is pretty comprehensive up till now. I would prefer that you can be totally sure before stating that i misrepresented. Thats a pretty dirty word nowadays considering whats happening to our local banks.

People will still find the guide they want if they click on this thread (they will be pointed to my blog), and if its just a visitor, the showcase of people's work here should entertain. I did not post the guide here in the thread itself because it would be too long and laden with pictures.

Theory_87, i heard Jaben carries it. But its the Quad Eutectic version that contains lead. I would prefer if you can take more trouble and order the Tri Eutectic version online : Take Five Audio

The Tri Eutectic version contains no lead. However, if the length you need is less than 20cm, i can pass it to you for free.

Heady,

I think you missed the pages listed on the right then.

The guide i wrote there, is pretty comprehensive up till now. I would prefer that you can be totally sure before stating that i misrepresented. Thats a pretty dirty word nowadays considering whats happening to our local banks.

People will still find the guide they want if they click on this thread (they will be pointed to my blog), and if its just a visitor, the showcase of people's work here should entertain. I did not post the guide here in the thread itself because it would be too long and laden with pictures.

Theory_87, i heard Jaben carries it. But its the Quad Eutectic version that contains lead. I would prefer if you can take more trouble and order the Tri Eutectic version online : Take Five Audio

The Tri Eutectic version contains no lead. However, if the length you need is less than 20cm, i can pass it to you for free.

Jaben? Haa... I choose not to buy from audio dealer as there might be some or other kind of conflict interest now or in the future. Maybe tomorrow i'll head down to adelphi to see if other shops is selling. Edited by theory_87

LOL, its just a spool of solder, why so serious? Ah, i am trying to an environmental jerk here, try to get the non-leaded version please.

Everyone, please post pictures of your DIYed LODs here, share what you have created!

Edited by Morgan Wu

Jaben? Haa... I choose not to buy from audio dealer as there might be some or other kind of conflict interest now or in the future. Maybe tomorrow i'll head down to adelphi to see if other shops is selling.

There's a shop @ the same lvl @ jaben selling them, but damn pricey compare to what i ordered online.

I'm getting something either this or the nx week, if u dont mind waiting i could get some for you.

The quad is 12 usd for 100g, tri is 13 usd for 100g.

No nice packaging if you want to get from me.

Edited by habba

LOL, its just a spool of solder, why so serious? Ah, i am trying to an environmental jerk here, try to get the non-leaded version please.

Everyone, please post pictures of your DIYed LODs here, share what you have created!

I have seen some not nice stuff happen before 1-2 years back. leaded or non;lead won't make a great different to sound right?

There's a shop @ the same lvl @ jaben selling them, but damn pricey compare to what i ordered online.

I'm getting something either this or the nx week, if u dont mind waiting i could get some for you.

The quad is 12 usd for 100g, tri is 13 usd for 100g.

No nice packaging if you want to get from me.

I'll let you know again.