Morgan Wu

DIY guide for LOD

I was also joking. We are cool in sgheadphones with criticism, as long as it is done in mature way. Flame wars and un-restrained personal attacks as just not the in thing here.

Back to the topic.

Well thank you Whenesday. I now hope that all DIYers out there would take the effort to post the picture of their cables here. That would make this thread much more entertaining.

The SXC sounds good to me, but I personally prefer mundorf wires' sound. Dont ask me to explain why though, its a feeling i couldnt put into words, just like when i met my first gf 6 years ago... Haha, lame.

I dunno why, but the RF interference decreased quite a lot recently when i am on the train. I bring my D3 out every day to school. Actually i am quite puzzled. Theoretically, as long as the electronic device is covered by a conductive material, there should be shielding already. The D3 covered in a thick conductive material...

Duck-in-the-box, my normal advice would be to read my blog. But i just deleted huge chunks of data, so, its not very informative now. Pm me if you got questions. I have recommendation on what you should avoid though. The silver bendy, the workmanship is simply horrible.

#BTW, that short LOD i posted just now, its because there were SXC wires left, but too short to make a full LOD... Didnt want to waste it, so haha, thats why. It's ugly though.

*Edit: Anyone knows how much Stereo charges for the Neutrik right angle? And does LHS carries them?

Edited by Morgan Wu

morgan, our mileage may varies but on occasion that i bring my D3 out, i do not really experience much interference nowadays. usually it just occur randomly and infrequently.

when i first got my D3, i think i was experiencing more than 50% intererence most of the time, cant listen to music properly. (perhaps partly due to my gs6 cable lod at that point in time)

This one ah? It was for demo purposes, just wanna know how the final stuff will look like. Its made of normal tonearm wire, 0.7mm in diameter including the Teflon insulation. Silver plated copper. The wire itself may be cheap... But i got to say i was pretty surprised by its sound. Now A-Bing my SXC, mundorf and this one to try to check out the difference.

I am taking the opportunity to try out more variations before school starts to get busy, thats why this few days got time go mess with LODs already.

Some more no one wanna post their own LODs. Very sad, so i post my own ones loh.

Edited by Morgan Wu

my first attempt at an LOD with super many mistakes

IPB Image

IPB Image

there isn't a dock because I glue gunned too much and the dock couldn't fit on :D

and no braiding cause i tried to and the braided wire couldn't fit through the plug screw on thing whatever you call that. guess I suck at braiding heh.

but it works! and I realised copper is a much better match for my set up than silver.

made an IC today too (AND IT WORKS TOO :D) but no pictures yet too lazy to take and upload for now heh.

anyway, what kind of copper cables are there available if I want to make a nicer sounding copper LOD/IC?