[J]-ohn

Ultrasone HFI-780 Aron MOD

welcome jojo. you finally came here. lol

i tried the proline 750 but i don't really like the highs from that can. =x

this aron mod is totally imba. lol

Hi guys,

I don't want to spoil your fun but can you use words that people can understand? For example, what is "imba"? The point of posting is to share with others, if you use words most cannot understand, then might as well use PM, right?

I hope you take this as constructive criticism, ok?

Thanks

hahzh chill man heady...hahhz guess u're ain't into gaming huh...i guess wad Duck in the box was tryin to say is that the aron mod is too dam good..imba in gaming terms is sth like GODLIKE...btw IMBA=Imbalanced...Issues addressed.....:D

Edited by Kdidobeboi

hahzh chill man heady...hahhz guess u're ain't into gaming huh...i guess wad Duck in the box was tryin to say is that the aron mod is too dam good..imba in gaming terms is sth like GODLIKE...btw IMBA=Imbalanced...Issues addressed..... :D

Chill everyone. Let's remember lots of people from all walks of life read this forum, let's not confuse and confound people. And yes, I don't play games, too old for it.

I rather not say the rules do say not to use abbreviations from SMS, IM etc. Oops, I said it. Sorry. :P

Alright, let's get back to the topic.

I got a set for myself, yes I have the ed9 but it's different and sound wise, they sound different. ED9 is warm, rich and creamy (if you guys know what I'm talking about) while the HFI780 mod has a lot of clarity and bass is deep and tight.

To share a bit more, the brand new HFI780 mod sounds a bit bassy but after a couple hours of burn-in, they will improve and you know they wouldn't take too long to sound good. I like it for the fact they are easy to drive and I will recommend for starters since good amplifiers can be quite expensive.

Guest dragonboy
-ohn' date='18 Dec 2008, 05:56 PM' post='105302']

Alright, let's get back to the topic.

I got a set for myself, yes I have the ed9 but it's different and sound wise, they sound different. ED9 is warm, rich and creamy (if you guys know what I'm talking about) while the HFI780 mod has a lot of clarity and bass is deep and tight.

To share a bit more, the brand new HFI780 mod sounds a bit bassy but after a couple hours of burn-in, they will improve and you know they wouldn't take too long to sound good. I like it for the fact they are easy to drive and I will recommend for starters since good amplifiers can be quite expensive.

You've got the Ed9 and you bought the HFI780 mod??? That's something new..... maybe I'll give it a try again. :cans:

i tried the Aron 780s and though it sounded good, my ipod would randomly skip or distort for no apparent reason.

i thought perhaps the track was corrupted, so i rebooted and tried with the stock model, it plays smoothly throughout.

i switched back again to the modded ones, listening for about 10mins, it started skipping elsewhere, never at the same spot.

could the modded phones be too hard to drive unamped by my ipod?

i tried the Aron 780s and though it sounded good, my ipod would randomly skip or distort for no apparent reason.

i thought perhaps the track was corrupted, so i rebooted and tried with the stock model, it plays smoothly throughout.

i switched back again to the modded ones, listening for about 10mins, it started skipping elsewhere, never at the same spot.

could the modded phones be too hard to drive unamped by my ipod?

That's unusual, maybe the next time you can request for our demo ipods to audition.

I might stop modding the HFI780 since its taking up a lot of my time lately and I have no time for trying out other mods.

That's unusual, maybe the next time you can request for our demo ipods to audition.

I might stop modding the HFI780 since its taking up a lot of my time lately and I have no time for trying out other mods.

no~

but will you still be taking order? that time went down to try but din't bring enough money :no:

don't stop so early :cry:

Will at least do yours if you are interested, don't worry. I'm not totally not doing forever, just that I'm working on another headphone and might not have time to fulfill orders on time.

Ultrasone HFI-780 Aron MOD is highly recommended. Honestly, it a steal for it's price. Just listened to my burned in set and it sound great with tighter bass and smoother high. Stop my itch for the ED9 at the moment.

Edited by ical

Guest dragonboy

Ultrasone HFI-780 Aron MOD is highly recommended. Honestly, it a steal for it's price. Just listened to my burned in set and it sound great with tighter bass and smoother high. Stop my itch for the ED9 at the moment.

Don't stop your itch for the Ed9..... It's different. But the HFI-780 Aron Mod really does impress me with a different presentation for me to order it after auditioning during the weekend. I'll try to place the order form at a VERY prominent place and hope wifey picks it up. :holiday::holiday::holiday:

HFI780 mod sounds good even if unamped?

i didn't tried it unamped =/

@John

what amp are you currently using?

MF X-can v3 with mullard tubes.

Woa... what the "thing" in your avatar?

Will at least do yours if you are interested, don't worry. I'm not totally not doing forever, just that I'm working on another headphone and might not have time to fulfill orders on time.

Err... what are you modding huh? :sweat: