[J]-ohn

Ultrasone HFI-780 Aron MOD

I have a question about this mod, Stereo_Electronics what cable you use to mod that headphones?(if it's not a big secret)

Hey...I wanna know too? Aron, can PM? Just curious.

Hey may I know if the 780s modded would perform better to say akg 702/hd580/325i or maybe any other good headphones out there you guys could recommend ? I'm quite new to this audio scene and currently own a D3 python, looking for a nice set of headphones to go with it. I usually listen to rock/heavy metal/dance music. Aron how much would the modded 780s cost ?

Edited by Arcenite

Hey may I know if the 780s modded would perform better to say akg 702/hd580/325i or maybe any other good headphones out there you guys could recommend ? I'm quite new to this audio scene and currently own a D3 python, looking for a nice set of headphones to go with it. I usually listen to rock/heavy metal/dance music. Aron how much would the modded 780s cost ?

Actually it would be hard to compare all the headphones you listed on the your post as they have different sound signatures specially you're comparing different brands. Not to mention the cans you listed above are all open cans while the Aaron mod 780 is closed. You really have to try them out to get a feel what sound signature you are going for. ;)

IMO, from your list the 702 might be on the far side for the music you will be pairing them with. Not to mention the hardest to drive among the bunch,. The HD580 also is a bit tricky to drive. Both the 325i and the aaron 780 mod are low impendance cans. I have tried them both and they can easily be driven even by a good portable. I drive my 325i w/ a RSA Predator if I don't feel like warming up my tube amp. =)

Btw, what amp or rig will you be using for any of the cans?

If you look at the Classifieds Section some one selling his Aaron mod. That was the one I tried the unit is very nicely burned in. Try contacting the seller he might have free time to let you audition his set. :grin:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=9493

Edited by jojo_b2

I will be using my portable amp the D3 Python for it most probably. I don't have much knowledge on audio at the moment. Since I just started and all. Still in the process of learning haha. Is there anything else besides an amp that helps to increase SQ ? What's a tube amp ? I usually listen to my music on the computer/mp3 player. Does the shop at causeway point let you try on headphones to sample ? I'm still looking for a place that actually lets me test headphones before I actually get myself my first set of cans :D.

Edited by Arcenite

Does the shop at causeway point let you try on headphones to sample ? I'm still looking for a place that actually lets me test headphones before I actually get myself my first set of cans :D.

Definitely if you need to try something out Stereo is your best bet. Warning though, don't expect a perfectly quiet environment, so if you're trying something open you might not appreciate it totally.

What's a tube amp ? I usually listen to my music on the computer/mp3 player.

I believe that there is a recent post with someone asking exactly the same question, so you might want to refer to that post and repost your other questions there accordingly.

Music on the computer/mp3 player is generally a compromise, so if you're not too far into the computer line like me to be stuck in it I suggest you seriously consider a CDP.

Edited by peanutbutterjam

Guest dragonboy

I will be using my portable amp the D3 Python for it most probably. I don't have much knowledge on audio at the moment. Since I just started and all. Still in the process of learning haha. Is there anything else besides an amp that helps to increase SQ ? What's a tube amp ? I usually listen to my music on the computer/mp3 player. Does the shop at causeway point let you try on headphones to sample ? I'm still looking for a place that actually lets me test headphones before I actually get myself my first set of cans :D.

It is very unlikely that a portable amp can do justice to the AKG702 or HD580. If you have no intention to splurge on a desktop amp, than the HFI780 aron mod and SR325 would be an easier target. Can't really say which is better..... just a different approach to listening to music. :smoke:

Edited by dragonboy

Definitely if you need to try something out Stereo is your best bet. Warning though, don't expect a perfectly quiet environment, so if you're trying something open you might not appreciate it totally.

I believe that there is a recent post with someone asking exactly the same question, so you might want to refer to that post and repost your other questions there accordingly.

Music on the computer/mp3 player is generally a compromise, so if you're not too far into the computer line like me to be stuck in it I suggest you seriously consider a CDP.

what's a CDP ? :o

It is very unlikely that a portable amp can do justice to the AKG702 or HD580. If you have no intention to splurge on a desktop amp, than the HFI780 aron mod and SR325 would be an easier target. Can't really say which is better..... just a different approach to listening to music. :smoke:

what'd you mean by a different approach to music ? Is there anywhere you would know to be a good read for desktop amps ? I'm kinda new to the scene u see, heh.

what's a CDP ? :o

what'd you mean by a different approach to music ?

CDP -> Compact Disc [CD] Player

By "different approach to music", it means different ways to hear your music. For example, I prefer my music to have solid bass with a full-bodied sound, whereas another approach is for it to be airy and thin, light on bass.

I prefer full bodied sound too :D any recommendations for headphones to go along with my amp ? xD say around 200$ ? I'm not sure whether or not i should splurge on my first set of cans though =/ any advice there ? How're the AD700s like though ? I can get a friend to get it for me at almost half the price of what it's usually being sold at :o

Edited by Arcenite

Guest dragonboy

I prefer full bodied sound too :D any recommendations for headphones to go along with my amp ? xD say around 200$ ? I'm not sure whether or not i should splurge on my first set of cans though =/ any advice there ?

AKG 702 and HFI780 aron mod is all about the $600 range. Without amp, the HFI780 mod would be a better choice. If over your budget, get without the mod and mod it when you have the dough. :yes:

I already have an amp :o D3 python haha. I dunno if i should splurge on my first set of cans though :(. so with amp the 702 is a better choice ? Anyone got any comments on a AD700 ?

Hmm I don't mind checking out the D1000, what cans do you use whenesday ? based on your description for the type of music you listen to heh.