[J]-ohn

Ultrasone HFI-780 Aron MOD

how to differentiate the arron mod and original hifi780?

i see..okay..might get this for portable! :cans::cans:

i would like to ask,what gengre the users of the aron mod think that the headphone suit?just want to get some idea of what to try with them mostly as i do know it suit pop and rock but i do not listen to those so what other gengre does it suit?

You had answered your own question la.

i assumed you like classical on this can, why bother other genres while you may not interested in?? :bash:

been using my akg more,never really try out this headphone after selling the portable rig...haha

Hi,

I want to show you my hfi-780, i was very angry on them when after burn in they started sound like crap of plastic sh*t... plastic bass without any extention, and highs cuting my ears like razor blades... just dont want to tell anything about mids..

I was trying to put something inside the cups, wool etc. but there wasn't any good results from this, after that i started to putting sponge from senns hd25 on the upper holes on the grill, that nicly soften the higs. But ok, there was still no mids.

bla bla bla bla bla bla.

here's some photos how they look now, bass has extention, highs are soft and mids finally have some meet on it. Now i'm waiting for DT250 velour earpads, and a nice cable, still dont know what i will use. Orginal earpads, is the biggest crap i ever wear. I used some Patafix inside on the driver ( something like blutack ), and some paper from bag for zelmer hoover on the cup walls.

Sorry for my english, sorry for the photos quality.

ps. Have anybody here nude photos of Edition 9 ? withno pads.

post-4890-1248437131_thumb.jpg

post-4890-1248437140_thumb.jpg

post-4890-1248437147_thumb.jpg

post-4890-1248437154_thumb.jpg

Guest dragonboy

Hi,

I want to show you my hfi-780, i was very angry on them when after burn in they started sound like crap of plastic sh*t... plastic bass without any extention, and highs cuting my ears like razor blades... just dont want to tell anything about mids..

I was trying to put something inside the cups, wool etc. but there wasn't any good results from this, after that i started to putting sponge from senns hd25 on the upper holes on the grill, that nicly soften the higs. But ok, there was still no mids.

bla bla bla bla bla bla.

here's some photos how they look now, bass has extention, highs are soft and mids finally have some meet on it. Now i'm waiting for DT250 velour earpads, and a nice cable, still dont know what i will use. Orginal earpads, is the biggest crap i ever wear. I used some Patafix inside on the driver ( something like blutack ), and some paper from bag for zelmer hoover on the cup walls.

Sorry for my english, sorry for the photos quality.

ps. Have anybody here nude photos of Edition 9 ? withno pads.

That's the reason for getting the AronMod. :cans:

dragonboy.maybe you want to take some time to share the sound of the ED9,8 and HFI780 to poison us...would love to see a triple comparison against these 3 headphones..

That's the reason for getting the AronMod. :cans:

yes yes... i will fly over the europe, asia and i will get my own pair modded by aron. No thanks ;)

i'm going to buy more patafix, and change the paper with it. I have time and i can do what i want with them ;).

wow... this mod looks awesome! :D does anyone know how it is compared with the ALO 780?? it's been quite famous in head-fi for a while... lastly, how much that this mod cost?? and Aron, do you still receive order for modding the headphone? thanks. (^__^)

wow... this mod looks awesome! :D does anyone know how it is compared with the ALO 780?? it's been quite famous in head-fi for a while... lastly, how much that this mod cost?? and Aron, do you still receive order for modding the headphone? thanks. (^__^)

Not doing the hfi780 yet but when I have more time later I might do a few.

A little teaser. Heard the latest version of HFI-780 Aron Extreme Mod few days ago (sorry Aron, for letting the cats out :whistle:). IMPRESSIVE! It trash his previous standard version big time? To me, it sound many times better in SQ and very comfortable too with the new custom pads. :thumbup: However, I'm not sure if he's going to make them available to the public. Don't think it going to be cheap. :think:

Edited by ical

A little teaser. Heard the latest version of HFI-780 Aron Mod few days ago (sorry Aron, let's the cats out lah :whistle:). IMPRESSIVE! It trash his previous version big time? To me, it sound many times better in SQ and very comfortable too with the new custom pads. :thumbup: However, I'm not sure if he's going to make them available. :think:

X2 Definitely a vast improvement from previous mod. More balanced and so much more comfortable; I was listening to it at Stereo on Wednesday, and for a while I thought I was listening to the ED8. :doh:

yep tried it too. sounds damn good compared to the version 1. don't know how to describe but i feel that still can be improved from burning in. i think i will drop by stereo when its fully burned in. when i tried, i don't feel like going to the toilet even though i wanted to go. lol.

Edited by Duck-in-the-Box

yep tried it too. sounds damn good compared to the version 1. don't know how to describe but i feel that still can be improved from burning in. i think i will drop by stereo when its fully burned in. when i tried, i don't feel like going to the toilet even though i wanted to go. lol.

i don't feel like going to the toilet even though i wanted to go.sound familar sia this one!LOL

but time to try out the new arron mod version 2..since i have version 1..time to compare and see how the thing..arron!got plan for ppl to upgrade to this one with the old mod??LOL