Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Sennheiser HD800

Guest dragonboy

I've nothing against Sennheiser HD800. I love it when I heard it in Japan. In fact, I'll be receive a set very soon as a gift. Just a little feedback as a customer that own it.

It sounded incredible the last time I heard it in germany pairing with the EARMAX silver anniversary. Yes.. Poor marketing job done by S'pore Sennheiser team. If anyone from sennheiser see this.... PLEASE LET YOUR MARKETING MANAGER SEE THIS. :bash::bruce:

Selling a Sennheiser flagship headphones this way is really :wallbash: .. I've nothing against sennheiser too, but not buying in S'pore. :rclxs0:

Edited by dragonboy

By any chance are there a few HD800 users here? I am thinking of getting one then run it balanced. :think:

Hope someone can help me out with personal impressions. :sweat:

I really liked a HD650 due to the Veil and Bass hump. Running balanced seems to just make the humped controled. Which I definitely like. Unfortunately. I've yet to hear a HD800. =(

:b2t

I wouldn't be asking this it the HD800 was sold on specialized headphone shops such as Stereo and Jaben. The guys at Senn SG are inadvertently cutting off headphone enthusiast like us to people who like to hear SPEAKERS which doesn't seem logical for sales and promotion of a headphone. Lol! :rclxub:

Edited by jojo_b2

My darling of course lah. :grin: But I've given her something that cost much more than HD800. :cry: You can try asking yours. :grin:

Hehee.... my darling would probably say I give her present and she use the money for my present to buy present for our kids. ;) This type of argument can never win. You no kids that's why can... go and ask Kidult can or not la?

I really liked a HD650 due to the Veil and Bass hump. Running balanced seems to just make the humped controled. Which I definitely like. Unfortunately. I've yet to hear a HD800. =(

the 2 cans have opposite characters.

u might not like it.

for those who hate the veil, and love the HD600, chances are u'll like the 800 in spades.

Hehee.... my darling would probably say I give her present and she use the money for my present to buy present for our kids. ;) This type of argument can never win. You no kids that's why can... go and ask Kidult can or not la?

arr.......... :sweat::sweat::sweat::b2t

@jojo,

listen first, u may not like it with other amps pairing.

but with your new amp coming, that may change :think:

we'll soon find up. :prettyprincess:

arr.......... :sweat::sweat::sweat::b2t

@jojo,

listen first, u may not like it with other amps pairing.

but with your new amp coming, that may change :think:

we'll soon find up. :prettyprincess:

True! My problem Is the HD800 is at a price point that I you don't like. You die already. Lol! I started my project already. I think I may start auditioning in the next few months. Right now the Apache has been officially delayed. :cry:

For a fortunate string of events I realized that the Apache was 110V so consulted Ray of RSA, if the Apache would have no problems in SG. Unfortunately the Apache has to be rewired. The Apache is enroute to Ray as we speak. He offered the service only for the fee of the replacement transformers and shipping to me. The labor and upgrades to the latest version of opamps are all FREE. I know this is not the page to note this. just wanted to share how great is the service I'm getting from RSA. :thumbup:

Now really poor. :cry: But drooling over getting a HD800 or a HD650 to be made balanced. :unsure:

FINALLY, I get to see the true color of HD800 on my setup now. That's what I'm looking for when I first heard it in Japan. :cans::rclxms:

Edited by ical

apache jojo hahaha

kidult i think got his new amp...

hmmmm i may need some time to save the bullet.......

since u all got solidstate amps....i kind leaning to balanced tube amps....

FINALLY, I get to see the true color of HD800 on my setup now. That's what I'm looking for when I first heard it in Japan. :cans::rclxms:

Always thought that HD800 would thrive via the phonitor.

Time to plan for a proper/compatible amp for the PS1K loh

kidult i think got his new amp...

Wah! Your news is fast! :thumbup:

Always thought that HD800 would thrive via the phonitor.

Time to plan for a proper/compatible amp for the PS1K loh

Don't thought and thought and no action. :bash:

So far Phonitor has done a very good job in driving all my cans. :thumbup:

Fyi, HD800 is a hard cans to drive. I'm listening mine at about 12 o'clock for most of the tracks. For those interested, I advice you to bring along your amp to audition with it.

Edited by ical

Now really poor. :cry:

Think I heard you say that after many many tweaks and powercords ago... :grin:

Wah! Your news is fast! :thumbup:

Don't thought and thought and no action. :bash:

So far Phonitor has done a very good job in driving all my cans. :thumbup:

Fyi, HD800 is a hard cans to drive. I'm listening mine at about 12 o'clock for most of the tracks. For those interested, I advice you to bring along your amp to audition with it.

Tomorrow will have BIG ACTION lor. :shuriken:

no doubt HD800 + Phonitor is a good match B)

now i wonder how EAR Yoshino HP-4 + HD800 will sound like :think:

no doubt HD800 + Phonitor is a good match B)

now i wonder how EAR Yoshino HP-4 + HD800 will sound like :think:

Don't need to think, next month go audition :thumbup: