ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Ha, ha...yes...finally, and it makes a big difference.

With recession...there are a lot of good bargains in the used-item markets... :shifty:

Does improving the power cable and distributor really make such a big impact on the sound? I've been tempted to change from stock but the ney-sayers on the internet all have rather valid arguments too; though this thread is gradually changing my perspective. <_<

Does improving the power cable and distributor really make such a big impact on the sound? I've been tempted to change from stock but the ney-sayers on the internet all have rather valid arguments too; though this thread is gradually changing my perspective. <_<

well the wiring all the way to your power point might not be the best around, esp if you live in an old flat or something, but at the same time why make it any worse? Heh.

This may be useful to your question:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Improving-mains-...000000004584074

Anyway, I did an AB with the stock cable and the Oyaide cable to my PSU1, and also tested using the iec distributor with the audio agile cable against the cheap powerstrip extension cord, and indeed there was vast improvement to the sound with the upgraded cables and distributor.

is this Oyaide power distributor?

I asked the seller, and he stated that it is actually made by a Hong Kong company which OEM to many Japanese companies. Probably by putting a Japanese brand on the distributor would raise the original price of this power distributor.

By the way, the seller still have a couple of this distributors. If you are interested, you can contact him directly:

James 82011203

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I might just try something simple for starters. Any opinions on the Iego power cords?

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I might just try something simple for starters. Any opinions on the Iego power cords?

Seems to have good reviews on head-fi:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/iego-pow...ll-five-333001/

But the thing with power cords is that it may work well with one system, but not so well with another. Getting the right match is essential. Well, I am very new to all this. I am sure the experts in this forum can offer some good advice. :thumbup:

That's the review I read too! Seems that this Iego generally does ok with most systems; guess I'll take 2 for the team. Lol.

I asked the seller, and he stated that it is actually made by a Hong Kong company which OEM to many Japanese companies. Probably by putting a Japanese brand on the distributor would raise the original price of this power distributor.

By the way, the seller still have a couple of this distributors. If you are interested, you can contact him directly:

James 82011203

perhaps Eric will be interested on this :grin: it does look like an Oyaide distributor imo.

BTW, does it come with small spikes below??

James 82011203

I wonder if I should get it now and store it till I need it.

I dunno... While I'm totally convinced that power DOES make a difference, I still not convinced that it is an improvement per se. (Of course not compared to stock, but rather to cheap DIY cables like belden.) More like a different sound which can be used to tweak your system.

Of course that is said with just Eric's few cables, nvr tried any of those scary looking cables yet.

Anyway, I did an AB with the stock cable and the Oyaide cable to my PSU1, and also tested using the iec distributor with the audio agile cable against the cheap powerstrip extension cord, and indeed there was vast improvement to the sound with the upgraded cables and distributor.

I guess I'm lucky, I've got enough wall sockets to play with. Hm maybe I should try out calvin's suggestion of changing the wall sockets after I get a DAC :think:

Edited by peanutbutterjam

you should get the distributor on this price.

I dunno... While I'm totally convinced that power DOES make a difference, I still not convinced that it is an improvement per se. (Of course not compared to stock, but rather to cheap DIY cables like belden.) More like a different sound which can be used to tweak your system.

Of course that is said with just Eric's few cables, nvr tried any of those scary looking cables yet.

all cables are tweaks anyway. they just act like an equalizer.

it improve or not is still up to system matching and personal preference.

but if you don't try, you will never know how well your system can go :grin:

Agree with Kidult, it is a good price. He is a nice guy, ask him if he can let go cheaper for you. He is letting go of a lot of stuff coz he just overhauled his hifi system.

all cables are tweaks anyway. they just act like an equalizer.

it improve or not is still up to system matching and personal preference.

but if you don't try, you will never know how well your system can go :grin:

X2 @ Kidult.

The power cords help to bring out the potential of your system...not "improving" the sound per se...like you said, "make-up cannot make an auntie into a hottie, but can make a pretty girl into a Miss Universe". :rclxms:

Have decided to go with diva cables to match my setup. Now for power distributors... Do they need filters or fuses too? Or can they be bare just like the powercords?