ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Is the procedure safe? Also, from your pic it looks like there's no switch for the US outlet meaning the outlet is permanently on?

Still on the topic of power cord, anyone knows where I can get this power cord locally? Or any better recommendation?

Thanks.

Audioquest NRG-1.5 AC Power Cable 2-Pole

IPB Image

Is the procedure safe? Also, from your pic it looks like there's no switch for the US outlet meaning the outlet is permanently on?

It should be safe. Usually if I service an outlet you need to throw down the Circuit Breaker. This makes sure you don't get the shock of your life. :rclxub:

Back at home, US receptacles are still standard I rarely see a switch on outlets in homes. I sometimes service an outlet while there is power if I really need it to be done right away. But I would always advise other people NOT to do this. :blush:

US receptacles or outlets usually do not have switches and they are always on unless you throw down the Circuit breaker. :mellow:

Still on the topic of power cord, anyone knows where I can get this power cord locally? Or any better recommendation?

Thanks.

Audioquest NRG-1.5 AC Power Cable 2-Pole

IPB Image

Just get an adapter and you can use those normal powercord. Available at New Disc Village at Adelphi.

No worries, it's safe even without switch.

Just get an adapter and you can use those normal powercord. Available at New Disc Village at Adelphi.

Thanks. Steven stated that his shop carries similar cord; coming in tomorrow. Want to try it with my PSU.

@PBJ

If you can stay away from USB inputs the Better. USB is usually limited by the transmitted size of data I bilieve its 16bits/Word which usually caps out to as opposed to the standard 24bit/word you can get out of Digital connetions. I saw a dac that accepts 32 bit/word 's. lol! :blink:

Hm yep this is generally true about 16 bit. However, Benchmark claims that their USB can do bit perfect transfer up to 24bit. Bel-Canto also produces a USB to SPDIF converter that they claim can extract 24bit.

Any one has any experience with this?

Regarding the Power cables. I am trying to get one that can provide me even deeper bass. Looking at the cables that Eric has and if budget pemits might try an Acrolink 3040. :party:

Wow must go try your rig after you matched something to it :thumbup:

if u getting a benchmark and using a usb to pc as source

if i may recommend, get a usb kimber cable for maximum performance

post-4657-1236397481.jpg

post-4657-1236397492.jpg

Edited by Eric Chia

but don't forget to remove the ferrite cores...

Eric, you're using the kimber cable for your HDD???

What's wrong the the ferrite cores?

i personally use ferrite cores on my usb cables.

What's wrong the the ferrite cores?

same question on my mind also.

Very sweet rig there, ivant. What cans are you using?

HD600 and HD595 at the moment. Though salivating for a K701 or maybe....... HD800 :drool: