-pimeta

-gilmore v2

-opera

-bb amp

sources:

-rotel 971 (i think)

-consonance

-cnjb3

Lots more i wanted to try but i got there very late so i missed out on mixing and matching things. wallbash.gif

have some photos to share...maybe tomolo i'll upload them...not gears photo...only what ppl do in that room...hehe...

many gears i tried but never make notes of them, including brand name and models...sh*t

headphones more than source and amp for this time round..where has all the source and amps gone?lol

ok..enough toking cock here...have a nice day wink.gif

I'd like to thank you guys who allowed me to kaypoh at your meet so that I could "curi" some designs. biggrin.gif But seriously, it was an ear opener, wax regardless, as to how far chaps would go in achieving audio nirvana.

Edited by DIYerStraits

O.o man i missed it .. well .... .... hammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gif \

but maybe next meet i will join along ...

I'd like to thank you guys who allowed me to kaypoh at your meet so that I could "curi" some designs. biggrin.gif But seriously, it was an ear opener, wax regardless, as to how far chaps would go in achieving audio nirvana.

DIYer, were you there? I must have missed you. What time did you arrive?

Mods, next time we need to add name/nick tags for newbie like me. wink.gif

Hey all, first of all would like to thank all the people attending the meet especially the chaps from Echoloft. They are really funny people. Next I am pleased to inform that there is a surplus of $90 from this meet and a total of $140 from this current and the previous meet. This money will be handed over to ablaze for the payment of this website.

Yes...pls show more pictures and stories....i missed this meet because of work schedule. I know there is a amp from Consonance. Any detailed review ? wink.gif

Consonance amp, ah...one special Mullard input tube, driving 2 x 2A3s. Build and finish are exemplary. There's a very nice wood piece on top, with the Cosonance brand carved out, yummy.

Heard it driven by the CDP transport>Muse 2 DAC>Air2>Consonance>DT990. If you are familar with single ended tube sound, this is it. Very smooth, detailed, and yet with a fast tight bass line. The mids were especially fleshed out. The one area which it didn't have was probably rock n roll bass. If you're no basshead, enjoy classical music and female vocals, this could be your ticket to audio nirvana.

BTW, headphonecraz, looks like some of your craziness rubbed off on me, I was soooo smitten by the AT W100 sound that I just went out and bought it. All I can say now is its TRANSPARENT. sony.gif [ed: need to color it brown).

ahh all the description for the consonance are well described by cmk. To be honest I haven't heard too many tube amps hence I dare not make any comments blush.gif

It's true that it probably doesn't do rock and roll very well, but the bassline is very fast, tight and snappy and for me it's sufficient w00t.gif

Now just need to find a way to get it tongue.gif (oh yeah.. and that Mullard 'special' tube too.. I heard it's not easy to find.. sigh sleep.gif )

yeah...quite a nice tube amp...i enjoy it with my classical music from En. Strauss...very nice...but think got some extra instruments inside...the WHIP!!!! hehe...

but quite relaxing when u r playing those kind of music.

i dun remember what cans i plug to it already...

but then sudgen give me more bass when the whip strike on the drum..duno how to call the drum in classical performance...hehe...forgot already...

cd3k airy and the music like no weight...float in the air..moving from left to rite smoothly...but the bass not that strong enough for me..maybe used to the boomy sounding of my sucky cans..haha..

AT-L3000 and Sudgen provide me the bass i mentioned above... smile.gif

aiya...dun tokok la...hehe...anyway...that day i din really listen to them seriously...just listening around and see which cans i like and how each set up sounds to me only...just enjoy and relax...lol...damn jia lat rite?

Sorry. I have been busy after the guys left my home on Meet nite.

I'll talk about systems - briefly only.

Toshiba SD-5300 + Melos SHA-1 (not to be confused with Melos SHA Gold version) + Beyer DT-931 = Soundstage a bit small sounding, Details were good but glassy, Decay, poor had a steely metalic sound. Should have tried with with other equipment to determine what was causing the ear ache. Should have tied it with the Beyer DT-990 which are darker sounding.

Pioneer PD-S904 + Modded X-Cans V2 (caps upgrade stock tubes) + MDR CD780 = I was expecting the system to sound bright because of the Sony sound and the X-Cans sound. Boy was I wrong. Soundstage was a bit narrow, Tone was a bit warm but not overly lush with good extension, Details were there but maybe a slight veil - if I had to guess why I would suspect the aging Pioneer.

I'll now talk briefly about cans.

This show was an audio techica show of force - would you belive me if I said no one brought a Senn HD-600!

Well of the 3 AT Cans both the W-2002 and W-100 impressed me. The L-3000 is really amp fussy and sounded a bit lean on the decay. I suspect a tube amp like the Cary SLI-80 will go well with this. Either that or it needs a powerful solidstate amp like the Corda Prehead/Sudgen. Or it needs even more burn in. Whatever this headphone is very amp fussy.

Amp:

The Emmline XP-7 is a bit wasted as a portable headphone amp. I'm now listening to it with aGrado SR-225 off my Marantz CD-6000 OSE and it's really quite good as a home amp. It's also a bit big for a portable amp (slightly smaller than a Grado RA-1). Can't wait to op-amp roll this amp. I will compare this with the Corda HA-1 SEI soon.

Right now I'm having my own one-man Meet. I have HC's Cyber 30, The Emmeline XP-7, Lengcm's unburnt in Gradp SR-225, and Firefox's BB Amp. If I have time I'll post more impressions.

Edited by Rameish