Sign in to follow this  
cmk

Which is the most detailed can?

Hi all

Just looking for subjective opinions on this. Which can you have come across which offers the most detailed reproduction, and yet sounds natural, neutral, musical?

Pls state which amp(if any) was used.

The Ety ER-4's fits the bill, but whether it is musical (most prefer to call it analytical) is open to debate. The 4P's shine without an amp, and the 4S's is even more detailed with my pimeta.

Beyer DT150 driven by both Cayin HA-1A and AudioValve RKV MKII..........what U feed is what U'll hear. It's so much easier to nitpick on the system and accessories' performance with DT150.

ETY ER-4s are the most detailed yet neutral 'headphones' to me. But whether they're musical is pretty subjective.. but I think they are quite tongue.gif

Used with the Cyber-30 wink.gif

Another vote for the Ety 4S. The microdetail resolution is the best I have ever heard from any dynamic can. Its a very neutral can also. I have used it with my Meta42 and the pairing is extremely good.

Ok, apart from the Ety 4s, I'm not looking for in-ear types, which would be the next most detailed, full range can?

I have just heard what is possibly one of the most detailed and refined cans around - the Stax. Although I only had the opportunity to listen to the Basic 2020 system, it still sounded far superior to dynamic can I've heard. Given that it comes with its own dedicated amp, the price at S$980 list can best be described as a bargain, highly recommended for classical, vocals, jazz and even pop, perhaps with the exception of rock. I heard a not run-in pair, so the bass should improve. Great stuff.

For those interested (hint to HPC), Kingsley will be bringing in the 3030, 4040 and the Omega II(I think) shortly.

Adhoc, for classical music, this can is ideal, beautiful tonality and inner detail.

Edited by cmk

I have just heard what is possibly one of the most detailed and refined cans around - the Stax. Although I only had the opportunity to listen to the Basic 2020 system, it still sounded far superior to dynamic can I've heard. Given that it comes with its own dedicated amp, the price at S$980 list can best be described as a bargain, highly recommended for classical, vocals, jazz and even pop, perhaps with the exception of rock. I heard a not run-in pair, so the bass should improve. Great stuff.

For those interested (hint to HPC), Kingsley will be bringing in the 3030, 4040 and the Omega II(I think) shortly.

Adhoc, for classical music, this can is ideal, beautiful tonality and inner detail.

Wah, the Omegas, but production of the IIIs should be delayed for sometime since the IIs are so popular. Can't wait to audition them.

I have just heard what is possibly one of the most detailed and refined cans around - the Stax.  Although I only had the opportunity to listen to the Basic 2020 system, it still sounded far superior to dynamic can I've heard.  Given that it comes with its own dedicated amp, the price at S$980 list can best be described as a bargain, highly recommended for classical, vocals, jazz and even pop, perhaps with the exception of rock.  I heard a not run-in pair, so the bass should improve.  Great stuff.

Wah, the Omegas, but production of the IIIs should be delayed for sometime since the IIs are so popular. Can't wait to audition them.

Big bonus? happy.gif

My budget now extends to the 3030, unless the 4040 has some magical attributes. Omega's too rich for my blood. wacko.gif

Barradio, have you heard any of the Stax family yet?

Was looking through their website, and it seems that the headamp can be used to drive a poweramp. Dunno how it will sound or whether the impedence will match? blink.gif

I think this will be my last can, really, really innocent.gif , else my wifey will fear.gifhammer.gif