Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Buyer Seller Feedback

Would you like to have a buyer seller feedback thread?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since there has been alot of activities on the Classified Forum, we the moderators think that it is a good time to have this thread. There is quite a lot of new members here, this will boost confidence for people who don't know each other.

Please make your vote and if possible also your comments about it.

For your information, this was the previous thread discussing about it:

http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?showtopic=313

I nearly forgot, my vote is YES as per my original poll since I feel it is an integral part of any online Classifieds & as per the above mentioned reasons.

Edited by N@Z

But then again, those who've received negative feedbacks can always re-register a new nick and 'fly aeroplane' again. unsure.gif

Anyway, I voted yes biggrin.giftongue.gif

True but they have to start all over again from square one isn't it? 7 voted who's the rest?

looks like a resoundingly one-sided vote this time!

hey, can I put a link to my ebay and head-fi feedbacks when the feedback-forum starts? biggrin.gif

Is yahoo auction counted? if so I have quite a few feedbacks there .. tongue.giflol.giflol.gif

We definitely need such a forum, but there must be and I am sure there will be regulations to prevent abuse (as always). It should not be used by sellers/buyers as a bargaining chip with the other party, and only deals which have been sealed (i.e. transaction completed) should have feedback posted as flamewars can be anticipated if anyone and everyone were to be allowed to freely post negative feedback whenever they are "put on aeroplane" (bar repeat circumstances), when the reason might sometimes be valid. The way the Head-fi feedback forum works might be good reference, but these are of course just IMHO and YMMV.

Yes

Feedbacks from Yahoo, ebay, et al can be used in your individual classifed ads not on this intended thread. The buyer/seller feedback will work similarly like Head-Fi. The individual will not participate in giving feedback on him/herself (unless a particular situation whereby they need to explain something).

This thread will be heavily moderated to ensure it remains civil. Another option is for the posts not to appear immediately, rather, it is submitted to the moderators for approval. I believe that function is available on this forum. Obviously threads concerning the individual Mods will be moderated by the other mods to remain fair. We will also put up a sticky thread containing the rules of posting.

We will wait for several more members to chime in with their votes before we proceed. Your comments & suggestions have been very useful so far.

Yes, but I think should keep it simple and straightforward.

Yes, if nothing else it will act as a check on aeroplane flyers and other riffraff. From conversations with some other forumers it appears that its usually the same few that give problems. Having a feedback forum will help to identify such people right from the start and perhaps save sellers and buyers a lot of unecessary headache.

I say "aye" as most members if not all, have certainly matured and largely trustworthy............knocking on wood. laugh.gif