Blues

How long do you listen to your cans everyday?

How long do you listen to your cans everyday ?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wow rameish! that is alot of hrs on headphone man!!

lol... for me.. I listen to music all the time (if you include the radio of coz.. coz my radio is 24/7 laugh.gif)

but on headphone.. relatively little per day.. say 1/2-1 hr. Perhaps only on weekends.. then 2-3 hrs.

anyway, rameish, I don't know if you can help me, but I might need ur suggestion on how to posiiton the speaker of my mini hifi(sucks.. yea i know lol) , coz right now my room has been revamped. I will take some pics later and post on the forum and maybe u can gimme alittle tweak or something to improve the sound laugh.gif

You have a lot of free time my man!

I put 1 hr 'cause it's closer to the real amount of quality time that I spend with my headphones on a normal workday at home. Doesn't include time on the road, and on weekends, I still take a break every 1 hour or so. Too much of a good thing can result in bad things. happy.gif

finally.. someone in this forum who is just like me

agree.. too much of a good thing can result in bad things

in my case, I guess my system is not hi end, so I cannot enjoy the music as well as the others do

lol

Do any of you guys have a day when you can't even listen to headphones at all? Like what I'm experiencing right now. Hopefully later before I go to bed I can squeeze in about an hour on the etys.

definately

dun have to go that far.. right now I am not listening to my system. probably for the next wk or so also.

My amp's left channel dies. probably will take quite some time for it to get repaired.

finally.. someone in this forum who is just like me

agree.. too much of a good thing can result in bad things

in my case, I guess my system is not hi end, so I cannot enjoy the music as well as the others do

lol

Aiya, guy, don't be modest. Looking at your set up, it's definitely more high end than mine. My setup is so low I don't even dare publish it. blush.gif

But there are really times when I just pull off my headphones, and just let the music play in the background; usually when I'm working or reading.

Of course, there are other times when I sit and listen from 11pm - 2am, my CDs lying all around me. I am finally forced to take them off at 2 'cause I'm too sleepy to carry on. headphone.gif

Hope you get your amp up and running again soon. yes.gif

for me, i listen to about 1-2 hr per day, sometimes when im feel uncomfortable of wearing something over my head, i will jus switch to senheisser earphones.

How about you guys ? wont you all feel abit uncomfortable wearing headphones over a long period of time ? For me i do.

2 hours is my max!!!

Cannot take it after that...

I dun usually listen thru the entire CD, therefore, disc changing is a must throughout this listening period. But it's pretty enjoyable...

Thought of getting a CD player with disc changing capability...just a thought...

cheers!!!

I listen to my discman via Sony MDR-EX70 closed ear buds while commuting to and fro home and office.....works out to 90 mins daily. After work, I would spend another 1 hour with my DT880 while my wife cooks. This goes on Mon-Fri. Weekends are reserved for speakers though.

Btw, the Beyer cans are so comfy I normally fell half asleep during long listening sessions on certain weekends. yawn.gif

Edited by Mackie

I prefer listening to headphone in the middle of the night (11 pm to 2 or 3 am). That's when I find I can listen without anyone/thing disturbing me - from phone calls to the TV. I also find that that's the best time to audition stuff. I dim the lights, pour some Port wine and listen. Zambuka is okay, and so is chablis. Around 3am or 4am I do then get sleepy.

Other than that the best time is during lunch. The Sony MDR-888 have a silly habit of falling off so now I just use a Grado. Since I work from home that's not a problem.

Yes the DT-880 are so comfortable.

I usually get about 1-2 hrs to listen to headphones every day. Sometimes use them at work but cant pay full attention to the music.

I really enjoy listening to music late at night with no body around to bother me headphone.gif

lol.. ok, thanks scorcho smile.gif

mackie: wow!! if it's like ur speaker system.. I would rather listen to it than the headphone.. but of coz this is just my preference la .. ehhehe

the alex to's song - wang le ta sounds so nice man!! the guitar and all. somemore the voice like really in front of u. Hm.. I just got hold of that cd.. 99 qing ren, it's actually hdcd.. hehe.. so I wonder how fantastic it would be to pair them to hdcd capable cd players smile.gif

Hi Guy,

Sidetracking a bit, what is the best HDCD player currently available in the market ? I have a first generation decoder from X-DAC of Musical Fidelity. Are those from Rotel equipped with second or third generation chips ? Is Microsoft channelling resources to make it a standard in net music ?

Generally, HDCD sound reproduction (based on my X-DAC) provides greater ambience feel, but there is a tendency to sound slightly brighter with some sibilant effects. Has this compromise been addressed in the current generation ? wink.gif

I agree.. hdcd .. albeit only listened to 1 (that is my little lover - destiny.. by chance at rameish's house. His rotel blinked after the cd was put in). The ambience is better. I don't know about the sibilance though..

I am not sure about hdcd cd players too.. but I think rotel does make some.