Sign in to follow this  
evil-zen

First Sgheadphone meet impression

hhehehe.. offer me a good price and I will let go of my system...

to leave this audio nirvana and settle with the koss ksc-35???

which weirdo will do that lol.giflol.gif

only to surface later in the sgheadphone to look for the replacements biggrin.gif

uh ok.. I know I am laughing at myself ,.. sleep.gif

woww......very nice pictures taken and can feel the excitment at this gathering.....i really missed all the fun. Sorrie guys, i couldn't extract myself out from urgent deal meetings ....will certainly join in the 3rd round. wink.gif

guy: you said you think the microzotl + cd3K was best for you, but in your review thread, you said you found the combo a lil harsh and fatigueing?

tee, we missed you! plus you made me feel bad, cos I was supposed to bring the Stax, but when I sold it, I thought you were gonna bring yours..then you didn't turn up sleep.gif

nice pics guys! party.gif

N@Z, yes that's my CD63KI. blush.gif

The screws are copper but i dont think the chassis is.

Check the bottom plate and U will see copper. happy.gif

damn....looks like u guys had a lot of fun

I feel terrible abt missing the meet now no.gif

Very well done on the photos guys. Felt like I was really there... NOT! tongue.gif

More impressions please. How about on the dinky little PCII.

I was surprised Guy enjoyed the Zolt as I thought it would not have been powerful enough for your kind of music (Pop - is very well engineered nowadays).

Alrite.. this pic is screwed.. took it from the wrong angle.

Anyway, this is mackie's MF A3 cd. The most impressive source in the meet. I think he also uses tara labs IC or something then out to his xcan V1. Very very nice sound..

I was shocked to hear my m2m(i know this sounds like trash to you audiophile  hammer.gif ) sings like never before. I mean.. how good can a pop recording be?? I was expecting it to be sligthly better than my normal cd6000ose only. But the difference is definately a night and day kind of thing. If you've heard my impression of oak's cd17.. it has the same 3d quality but everything seems clearer and you are like listening to the real person(almost) instead of the recording.Top to bottom extended. Bass has got more punch than any cdp I've heard. vocals really sweet and without a hint of graininess/harsh.

Very nice indeed! I think mackie's mf + barraudio's microzotl and ablaze's cd3000 can make combo in heaven. More into the zotl and cd3000 later  wink.gif

Guyferd, thanks for the accolades but I have to reveal that expensive accessories were used in that setup to maximum the A3CD's potential. The isolators/couplers underneath the cdp are an old Mission Isoplat and Goldmund cones ($380). The power cords connected to the cdp and X-PSU cost around $1.6K. IC was Tara Labs Reference Generation II ($380). Hence, it's not a fair comparison with the other sources at the meet.

I've listened to the Rotel RCD971, NAD 521i, Marantz CD63KI and they all sound pretty good but each carries a very different signature. For the best bang for the buck, Oak's setup comprising of CD17mkIII, X-CansV2 and Kimber Silver Streak is delicious.......very much so after his Ecosse -The Composer was replaced by the latter.

Edited by Mackie

N@Z, yes that's my CD63KI.  blush.gif

The screws are copper but i dont think the chassis is.

Check the bottom plate and U will see copper. happy.gif

oh ya!

i thought N@Z was talking about the top chassis. ehe

err.. blaze actually the cd3k's high sounded a lil harsh out of the ha-1

which I think is because of the ha-1's sonic signature. many find them a lil harsh on the hi end. Hence my review is based on the ha-1 , kimber ss and rotel . I just added the last part that cd3k sounded best out of the zotl, at least to me. Haven't tried emp so I don't know biggrin.gif

oh ya!

i thought N@Z was talking about the top chassis. ehe

Chassis normally refer's to the part where the hardware are built on to. The top part generally is just a cover. Unless you have something exotic like the Krells, McCormacks et al.

Heh heh... My CLONE PPA... Strip naked... fear.gif

Tuppaware casing.... errr cool.

So anyone tried it out?