Sign in to follow this  
evil-zen

First Sgheadphone meet impression

Aww... well, they're all spoilt for choice that's why. Don't be disheartened, take it as a challenge to take it further.

ah.. well who couldn't be spoilt with ha-2 , gilmore and zotl lying around lol.giflol.gif

Edited by Guyferd

Hehe.. Everyone seemed quite interested in the amps being opened up. But that can be done by anyone with a screwdriver anyway. As for ting's Creek, it's a pity I didn't have the equipment needed (allen key, wire, soldering iron & file) to fix the hum. Of course, all's not lost. I could probably get the hum fixed and the amp upgraded for a token sum at another point in time. Glad to meet so many people during the meet but sadly, none of the phones suited my taste. *grinz*

I reckon U're seeking a system that will bust your NS pay for the year.....perhaps 2-1/2 considering power cords, interconnects and headamp. U're really deep into audiophilia now.............U can check in but U can't check out......... tongue.gif

lol... nice one fox. did you get to try the 880? I thought you might like it..

I reckon U're seeking a system that will bust your NS pay for the year.....perhaps 2-1/2 considering power cords, interconnects and headamp. U're really deep into audiophilia now.............U can check in but U can't check out......... tongue.gif

Not quite really. I'm not the sort to buy lots of things to try them out (hint: ablaze). I'd be building a Gilmore, getting a pair of phones (still not sure what to get since nothing available is in my tastebuds) & modding my CDP.

You have to know I'm the type who doesn't jump on the bandwagon. I try everything I can w/o buying, research and analyse. Only after all this, do I save and buy everything at a shot and enjoy at my own leisure (my phones are at least 2 years old).

That's the way to go...........makes good economic sense and in this hobby, patience pays. I believe in undertaking this course too. My first so-called high-end cdp that is a decade old still sings and holds fort in my headphone setup. Hope she will not die anytime soon.

Pipee, once again thank you for the hospitality.

The Meet saw some interesting options for me - the Zolt aka Toaster and the Gilmore V2. I think the slight hum on the V2 was probably caused by the power strip or close proximity to another component (the Corda HA-1 was right next to it). Anyways I have already booked both Gilmore V2 and the fire engine for a proper audition at my place - since I need peace and quiet for critical listening, only the respective owners of the amps will be around). I will post my impressions or do a review. I want the Gilmore V2 fully run in first. It needs about 150 hours or so. Evil and Barradio, see you guys soon kicking.gif

Auditions on the Corda line and Grado are still available - esp the PreHead with low impedence cans like the AT and Sony. I didn't bring it over because I just had too many things to carry. Phew.

I was a pleasure meeting all of you - even the shy ones.

haha somehow i doubt it rameish.

maybe hotel81 can?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

erm.. but the quality of the meet is not bad. I mean we get to see some very good amps like the gilmore, berning zotl , ha-2 and the ha-1s. Plus, some good cans like the cd3000, w1000, plus the rest. I will be looking forward for the next meet, hopefully with more people, more equipments.. and .. less noise lol.giflol.gif