Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

Group buy for SOHA pcb by digi01

still hum? how abt dropping in a hum-pot for the heater?

hum is a somewhat peculiar issue with the SOHA. some get them, some don't. i can't even get any after 8 tries.

and not even after doing this, to 3 different transformers :

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and pardon my ignorance, but what is exactly a hum pot?

a hum pot is a variable pot soldered across the heater for directly heated triodes, thats if the tube in use here is one. the pot should be able to withstand a couple of watts

you can google hum pot + tube and locate a couple of schematics that have a hum pot implemented

try battery heating of the heater at least, if theres none then the transformer can be isolated to be the cause

*edit sry double posted.. argh singnet is laggy as usual

Edited by neutralzz

Still we are on this topic, can anyone tell me where to find a decent casing to put it in that's not to ex.. not the hammond one please.. that one a bit the ex...

Still we are on this topic, can anyone tell me where to find a decent casing to put it in that's not to ex.. not the hammond one please.. that one a bit the ex...

electronics shops, perhaps? Sim Lim Square, maybe? i have no knowledge about singapore, but these :

IPB Image

sells at RM12-RM15 a piece over in Malaysia. not exactly uber l33t pretty looking case, but does the work quite marvellously. and i doubt a big enough hammond will be cheap. those that i've used are 3"X6"X9" cases, and fit the board just enough. big enough for the trafo to go in.

one could mount the trafo outside, but you need 3 wires + 3 prog plug. and you definitely need some space. a cramped inside with flying wires sitting too close to each other might induce the ever dreadful hum.

and yes, those are all SOHAs in the pic.

Think I saw a few of those plastic casing at Sim Lim Towers level 3. MAybe we can organize a small gathering to go down to buy parts? :)

Anyway, I will not be collecting the additional payments just yet, thinking might as well collect from you guys when I pass you the orders??? This should makes things much easier.

Think I saw a few of those plastic casing at Sim Lim Towers level 3. MAybe we can organize a small gathering to go down to buy parts? :)

Anyway, I will not be collecting the additional payments just yet, thinking might as well collect from you guys when I pass you the orders??? This should makes things much easier.

Sounds good Edwin, just want a nice decent casing to put it in, nothing too ex..

Sweet, I'm hoping to encase it in the 1455N1601 Hammond case to match my other amps.

Is this version using the BOM on the Headwize Project page, or is there a slight difference? I want to order all the electrolytics before the 12th because of the suppliers I'm buying from have a promotional discount till then.

Edited by mb3k

Sorry. Not meant to pressure Edwin but just curious. Any progress on this MO? Fingers are a itching.... :D

Edit - Oops, shame on me. :ppth: I forgot, Edwin said ETA 15 July in a post sometime ago.

Edited by heady

"the PCB will available around this weekend. the order will be packaged & mail out next week.sorry for a bit late"

Quote by Digi01

Here is the latest update. :DD

just have a call from pcb house,the board is available :D

I will mail out the GB order to Edwin this weekend.the pkg would take 2~5days arrived.

祝,夏安!

just have a call from pcb house,the board is available :D

I will mail out the GB order to Edwin this weekend.the pkg would take 2~5days arrived.

祝,夏安!

YES!! Thanks Digi!