Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Marantz CD7300 cdp

but why you didn't bring em during the meet? unsure.gif

must convert some people into 'basshead' mah biggrin.giflol.gif

hd600 cs?? rolleyes.gif

uh ok.. at least you can game in home. But a closed cans would do much better than open because it's more quiet you can listen to more details.

Especially if you have friends coming to your house. Then the hd600's performance will be affected

The problem wif HD600 is I can hear my own fart during game... tongue.gif

Edited by jasonhanjk

Is it possible to match an amplifier to restore the bass depth? sleep.gif

My power amp is a Krell KSA-150 and if bass depth is prevalent in the source, this fella will dig it up. But then again, it's all YMMV as my measure of depth may be of a different yardstick to others. I've not heard of any cdp below $1000 to produce the kinda depth I'm measuring against. However, I've yet to audition CD17mkIII in my system.

just read the review..

you sound somewhat wistful in it mackie.. blush.gif

An analogue sounding cdp.......hard to let it go for I lean towards the dark side -vinyl.

Cookie/Blues (which one?) and Jason, I suspect U chaps have a wrong aural perception of bass depth. Both DT770 and HD600 have a hump in upper bass regions which contribute to boom whilest my perception of bass depth is apparent in DT880. If U were to listen to home theatre systems, deep bass is the one that sends shivers up your feet to body and not the "boom" in explosions. Using a Radioshack spl meter to measure subwoofer's bass output at 40Hz, U will see the needle swing but won't hear anything aside from a low very low rumbling.

Just to confirm, is bass depth similar to bass extension? As this was the term I used to describe the DT880 compared with the HD600.

er.. I don't know leh..

but when I had 770 in my possession I felt it sent the shiver also, just like 880. I call it extension though , is it the same biggrin.gif

Maybe I should take the 770 from my friend again later and compare.

The question was directed towards mackie.