- Signal to noise ratio CD >110dB

- Line Output 2.2v rms

- Make in Japan

Full gallery available at

http://sg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mackiepcm/ls...+CD7300&.view=t

post-2-1056894886.jpg

Edited by Mackie

Nice! biggrin.gif

U just picked it up today? And u've already opened it up? Heh heh! So how does it compare to other CDPs? Any particular reason why u picked this one?

I got it last week..have been using it to burn in lencm's DT880s since then. I've yet to make a full evaluation of its sound but brief initial sessions have been very positive. Warn and laid back sounding but weighty nonetheless......augurs well for acoustic instruments.

Why pick this up? The dac and HDAM circuitry. Do a google search of its Cirrus CS4396 dac and U'll know what I mean.

Mackie,

Is that a volume pot next to the headphone out? How does it sound? This is after all a headphone forum. LOL Should be a decent deck if Marantz other CDPs in the old 63/6000 mold. Is this gonna be your new headphone CDP.

mackie, maybe you would like to test the mp3 ?

burn some mp3s on to the cds and compare them with your pc

hehhee.. an idead just popped in my mind. For those who wants to compare their soundcard vs the cdp quality, this is the way to go laugh.gif

MP3 CD playback! nice nice!

mp3 and hi-fi contradicts each other. smile.gif

Likewise, maybe for portable for cramming lots of tunes on the go but not for a good home CDP like that. Defeats the purpose, although it makes the unit more commercially sellable.

Mackie,

Is that a volume pot next to the headphone out? How does it sound? This is after all a headphone forum. LOL Should be a decent deck if Marantz other CDPs in the old 63/6000 mold. Is this gonna be your new headphone CDP.

Rameish,

Yes, the smaller knob is the volume control for headphone output level. It's pretty decent sounding and capable of driving DT880. I'm pretty impressed by the sound of CD63mkII KI headphone output as well.......just to reveal where my benchmark stands.

I've done an A/B comparison with the PD9700-Monarchy-X24K to CD7300. The former still wins by a sizeable margin but so is the cost. A point of note is the 7300 is big sounding and so avoid cables/head amps that reduce them to light weight performers.

It's a far fetch hope for CD7300 to replace my current source and proven correct unless I were to relegate it to serve as transport. Therefore, I will follow my initial intention to let it reside by my bed side and drive the Eggos. I may also use it on my main sound system as it's capable of holding its own candle to the MF A3CD, despite the much lower price.

Edited by Mackie

Mackie, Did you just void the warranty? unsure.gif

Perhaps but it's not a local set. Anyhow, there's no seal overlapping the cover and chassis to avert intrusion.