Sign in to follow this  
jig_sg

Dared MP-5 Tube Headphone Amp with USB DAC

Anyone got any experience with this amp? Looks good and from the reviews from users, it seems quite good.

Comes in black, silver and white!

IPB Image

The manufacturer's webby

http://www.daredtube.com/pages/product.htm

HeadFi forum user review

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....5&highlight=mp5

And a price nicely matched

Unit px - US78

Shipping - US52 (they use a courier service fm Hong Kong, door to door, received within 2 working days, shipped on Fri, received on Mon afternoon)

Bank Charge - US20

Total USD150

Local Bank Charge for TT application - S$30

Total - S$269

Contact email - dared@daredtube.com

Contact person - Ms Julia (very responsive, replied all my emails on the same day, she is part of the reason why i made the buy).

Looks good aesthetically and so is the price. We await your opinions on this amp.

And a price nicely matched

Unit px - US78

Shipping - US52 (they use a courier service fm Hong Kong, door to door, received within 2 working days, shipped on Fri, received on Mon afternoon)

Bank Charge - US20

Total USD150

Local Bank Charge for TT application - S$30

Total - S$269

Contact email - dared@daredtube.com

Contact person - Ms Julia (very responsive, replied all my emails on the same day, she is part of the reason why i made the buy).

They havent replied my email leh. Wow, thats a really good price you got, saw on ebay selling US$300. Hoping to get my hands on one too.

What is the Zhaolu that some people on headfi talked about as similar in price and better than the MP-5? From google, the Zhaolus appear to be DACs.

If I don't have a SOHA board coming to built, I would jump in and buy this. It looks real cool and seems to have good reviews.

Edited by heady

Well one thing's for sure, its handle around the tubes is inviting you to carry it off the shelf and straight into your arms. kekekek

Well one thing's for sure, its handle around the tubes is inviting you to carry it off the shelf and straight into your arms. kekekek

I was wondering about the handle too. I thought the handle is for 'protecting' the tubes from shocks from above.

It sure looks good. But the footprint is a too little wide for me. The price is :DD

What is the Zhaolu that some people on headfi talked about as similar in price and better than the MP-5? From google, the Zhaolus appear to be DACs.

If I don't have a SOHA board coming to built, I would jump in and buy this. It looks real cool and seems to have good reviews.

Well, the Zhaolu is definately better in design (electronically) and sounds better as standard than the mp5. the DAC in the mp5 is a little lacking, but using the PC as a source, it is good enough. If your transport is a dedicated CDP, than zhaolu is the way to go. Have an audition at X Audio@bkt timah plaza. They have a zhaolu there IIRC.

If your transport is a dedicated CDP, than zhaolu is the way to go. Have an audition at X Audio@bkt timah plaza. They have a zhaolu there IIRC.

Since when? I didn't see any there last Saturday.

There's another good looking amp with good reviews on HeadFi so far albeit more ex than the MP-5 but should be better. Looks a bit like LDII.

Dark Voice

IPB Image

IPB Image

Considering getting this or the MP-5 but the suppliers havent replied my emails leh. Sianz. 4 days and no reply.

If you're getting the Darkvoice from the same guy as the headfiers, be prepared to get ripped off. There are many other sellers on taobao.com (china's ebay) selling at SG$250 excluding shipping. Actually the seller mentioned on headfi also sells at that price, but if you emailed him in english, he will prolly quote you USD$299.

If your transport is a dedicated CDP, than zhaolu is the way to go. Have an audition at X Audio@bkt timah plaza. They have a zhaolu there IIRC.

Since when? I didn't see any there last Saturday.

Hmm, my bad.. maybe not X Audio.. but forgot which already :unsure: