jasonhanjk

SG Headphones 3rd meet result

i prefer Gilmore V2 pair with HD600/equinox.

the gilmore v2 is bright with AKG 501 and bayer dt880 to me.

but when it pair with HD600, the dark colored and warm characteristics balanced out the brightness. and the v2 is really sound lively and fast. just feel like dancing... kicking.gif

the detail is there, the bass quite punchy,strong and accurate.very nice on HD600.the high is ok...

when i played the same track on the RKV and Sudgen setup, the liveliness gone..... they are too relax , very pleasant to listen, like sit in an opera house listening music......zzzzzzz

make me feel like sleeping...

for the v2, you are just like the musician playing on stage rather than sitting behind.

i prefer Gilmore V2 pair with HD600/equinox.

the gilmore v2 is bright with AKG 501 and bayer dt880 to me.

but when it pair with HD600, the dark colored and warm characteristics balanced out the brightness. and the v2 is really sound lively and fast. just feel like dancing... kicking.gif

the detail is there, the bass quite punchy,strong and accurate.very nice on HD600.the high is ok...

when i played the same track on the RKV and Sudgen setup, the liveliness gone..... they are too relax , very pleasant to listen, like sit in an opera house listening music......zzzzzzz

make me feel like sleeping...

for the v2, you are just like the musician playing on stage rather than sitting behind.

I guess certain type of music is more enjoyable when laid back. I listen to lots of new age and female vocals. To sum it all it I like my music relaxing, soothing and smooth and hence the purchase of the Sudgen and the HD600 Equinox.

The setup which I prefered most is of course the Cyrus, KS1030, RKV mkii, RS1. With this setup, the bass is second to none of the setup I have ever heard. The bass is tight and defined with lots of slam. Not to mention the massive sound stage this setup throws. The only thing which maybe lacking in the system may be the treble extention. I did not have much of a chance to play any tracks with piano with the RS1. Based on my memory, the HD600 with equinox on this setup did not have a good treble extention. That is based on my opinion... However, when you are enjoying your music, some things just do not appear in the equation.

Everyone has different piorities in how their system should sound. The most basic requirement for me is the mid range, it must be warm and lush. If the system fullfill this requirement, then I will move on to the highs end of the sound, i.e. the treble, the extentions, the decays, a nice twinkle to the piano notes etc etc. Last but not least it should have bass, it has to be tight and defined.

I love Rameish approach, using different cans to suit different music or different mood. Let's say I am feeling a bit tensed today, my choice would be the HD600 or let's say I am in a mood to head bang, my choice would be definately a pair of Grados. To sum it all up it is impossible to have a pair of cans for all music. No one pair of cans to rule them all.

Edited by lengcm

To sum it all up it is impossible to have a pair of cans for all music. No one pair of cans to rule them all.

IMO, the Grado HP-1000 series..

To sum it all up it is impossible to have a pair of cans for all music. No one pair of cans to rule them all.

Find me a pair and I will let you know.

Get the Sony R10 one can for all. whistling.gif

Ya...R10 for 4th Meet...Rameish pleasssse. wink.gif

Get the Sony R10 one can for all. whistling.gif

Well hopefully we will see the following stuffs at the next meet:

HP1000

HP1

R10

Emmerline HR2

Then we will know if one pair of cans can rule them all

you wait for Rameish to buy, Rameish wait for you to buy..at this rate, NOBODY's going to buy no.gif

how about two of you share yucky.gif

you wait for Rameish to buy, Rameish wait for you to buy..at this rate, NOBODY's going to buy no.gif

how about two of you share yucky.gif

I'm in my crazy mood again. What if I decide to buy the R10, can anybody point me in the correct direction - source of purchase please?

I was informed by my Chinese source that someone in China might letting go his Orpheus at a very reasonable price - anytaker?

wacko.gif

I have to point you to Japan! biggrin.gif cheapest there. about US$2.5k or so I THINK.

you can try and email this Stax guy who sells overseas. koji@eifl.co.jp and see if he can help. keep us updated laugh.gif

Go for it! yeah.gif

I'm all for this one can for all occassion, can't afford the R-10 but maybe an HP-1 will suffice. Anybody knows how to acquire one? thumbup1.gif

The setup which I prefered most is of course the Cyrus, KS1030, RKV mkii, RS1. With this setup, the bass is second to none of the setup I have ever heard. The only thing which maybe lacking in the system may be the treble extention.

I've just upgrade my ic to Taralabs Air 2 - wanted the Air 1 but out of stock.

Wait till you hear this combination and see what you think bout it. Hypnotic highs and vocals is all I can say for now, simply took my breath away.

w00t.gif