jasonhanjk

SG Headphones 3rd meet result

I just checked my email, evo send to naz@sgheadphones.com if you have the original file (as long as it's not more than 2MB send that).

I'm sending it to you N@Z..

edit: if you wanted the original file to blow it up, and received this pic already - oops

Edited by ablaze

The Cayin I only listened to shortly...needless to say I'm making a trip to Mackie's or Oak's home someday.

Rameish,

Anytime! (errrmmm, as long as I'm available that day!) laugh.gif

Thanks ablaze/evo, too bad you had to leave early Oak. Have you tried the GE tubes with your Cayin? What tubes were on them prior to that? Mullards?

Edited by N@Z

IIRC...it's a meta...somebody correct me if i'm wrong tongue.gif

It's a parallel opamp config. biased into Class A.

and it's based on....??

and it's based on....??

Well.... It's just a paralleled opamp configuration, how difficult can that be? It's like using an opamp as a buffer.

Thanks ablaze/evo, too bad you had to leave early Oak. Have you tried the GE tubes with your Cayin? What tubes were on them prior to that? Mullards?

Sorry N@Z. I wanted to stay but my "portable rig" would become too bright and punchy if I missed the appointment.

OT:

I have tried the GE EL84. I find that it cuts the height of the soundstage to 75% of the Amperex. The GE is quite similar to the Amperex Orange Globe though, not as too warm as what I have experienced previously with the Mullards CV4003.

Initial Setup

Input tube : Mullard ECC83

Driver tube : Mullard CV4003

Power tubes : Russian OTK 6P14P (Original tubes)

Current Setup

Input tube : Mullard ECC83

Driver tube : Amperex Orange Globe

Power tubes : Amperex Bugle Boys

BTW, (thanks to headphonecrazy) I've found a cure to the microphonics by adding 2 rings of rubber as tube dampener on the EL84 and it worked wonders. Not only does it prevents the microphonics, it also results in a tighter, deeper bass and surprisingly reduce the slight bump on the upper frequencies. I guess the glass tube resonanting at higher frequency may have caused the slight bump.

Guys, sorry for OT. Perhaps you may want to put it as a new thread.

Oh my! Cayin, G&W, Cyrus cd player, always thinking of try these amps from china, and own the cd player for my Cyrus 7 amp...

Not much pics without me leh wink.gif

Edited by ting

Finally I know what HD600 is in the meeting biggrin.gif

To be frankly I just took a glance at the RS1, DT880 and CD3K (all much better than my 240DF wub.gif ), and mainly focused on the 3 HD600s.

On LC-KING my favorite can was HD580 with equinox, with enough but clean bass for symphony playback. However,  blush.gif , there were 3 amps controlling the bass of HD600 very well : naim, sugden and the RKV. Dont have time to experience the Gilmore and Corda yet innocent.gif . Comparatively naim gave a milky sound and sugden was more rigid. The RKV constructed a warm and full-bodied atmosphere ... ... ..., but anyway, it is not as tempting as the previous two, since a bit expensive ppth.gif

BTW, I prefer to the one with equinox, but in fact, the stock cable is also ok for me.

Hi Voxel, I did not have a chance to listen to the naim during the meet, how would you define a milky sound? headphone.gif

Hi lengcm, what i mean is that the sound of naim is quite soft and relax, but under well control. Very enjoyable biggrin.gif

Oh my! Cayin, G&W, Cyrus cd player, always thinking of try these amps from china, and own the cd player for my Cyrus 7 amp...

Not much pics without me leh wink.gif

Hehe.. You should have gone to the meet. I had the capacitors & my equipment all ready. Could have upgraded + fix your Creek. LOL.

ting, says who there are not much pics?

here I upload mine.Didn't take alot as most of you can find the pics on the net already,. no point taking too many haa haa laugh.gif

post-2-1060614052.jpg