jasonhanjk

SG Headphones 3rd meet result

OT: Good Rameish. Busy with my thesis ... finally last session down here. Will be coming back for the Jan Meet if it happens party.gif

System synergy ... how do you do that?

What kind of equipment must match with each other to get the best synergy?

I am still not really sure about those jargon you all use ... warm, bright ... etc

Maybe it is because i have never heard the GOOD stuff yet.

Only the last can i heard at the first meet (DT880 or is it DT990??), that i found the word "bright" can be associated with it.

Am i correct?

system synergy is an esoteric art. it's basically a situation when a pair of cans sounds especially good with a certain source/amp combo. especially good may be interpreted in many many ways. it could mean a further exaggeration of a trait you like eg forwardness or detail, or a complete change in sonic signature such that your cans sound better than what you would typically expect from it based on prior experience.

typically it's a by-chance sort of discovery. BUT sometimes if you have knowledge of the sonic traits of various pieces of equipment you can fiddle around with the combo to acheive some form of synergy, eg let's say i like an 'exciting' forward and lively sort of sound, so i would pair a rs-1, which is what many would consider having a lively sound, with a rotel rcd-02, which also has a(n) (IMO) somewhat lively sound to get an even livelier sound that is closer to what i like.

EDIT: and for a glossary of audiophile jargon, you can refer to a glossary within the sgheadphones articles archive.

Edited by adhoc

Oh my! Cayin, G&W, Cyrus cd player, always thinking of try these amps from china, and own the cd player for my Cyrus 7 amp...

Not much pics without me leh wink.gif

Hehe.. You should have gone to the meet. I had the capacitors & my equipment all ready. Could have upgraded + fix your Creek. LOL.

You, you, you... You got PM, hahaha biggrin.gif

My son is more important now already... wub.gifwhistling.gif

ting, says who there are not much pics?

here I upload mine.Didn't take alot as most of you can find the pics on the net already,. no point taking too many haa haa laugh.gif

Nice pictures, buddy! w00t.gif

ting, says who there are not much pics?

here I upload mine.Didn't take alot as most of you can find the pics on the net already,. no point taking too many haa haa  laugh.gif

Nice pictures, buddy! w00t.gif

kicking.gifkicking.gif Thanks! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Unfortunately, synergy is not something you can tell by looking at specs. The 250 ohm Beyer DT-880 sound better out of the 0 ohm jack of the Corda Amps while the 250 ohm Beyer DT-931 sound better out of the 120 ohm jack. Senn HD-600 sounds quite nice (and the DT-880 also) out of the X-Cans V2 (esp the modded one by Pinkfloyd of Head-Fi). The Grado Sounds good out of a EMP, Grado RA-1 and even a humble Creek.

All this is just one part of the equation. You still have your source to consider, ICs, power cords etc.

Hope I'll see you in Jan.

C'mon guys, we need of more of your impressions at the meet. There were 19 people attending the meet. Please share your impressions... This is what the meet is for party.gif

Edited by lengcm

You know my favorite at meet was the Sudgen + MF CD3.0 + HD600 + Equinox. Could not remember what ic or power cables but the synergy and musicality of the system simply blew me away. It could be the cables - Taralabs or the Chords or the power cables. BTW anyone know power cords used for this setup.

I definitely need to buy a better pair of ic to replace my S$20 Canares - maybe the Taralabs Ones or the Dodgans.

Too many systems, too little time. Regretted not trying the MF CD3.0 with my RKV or the Sudgen with the Cyrus. May be next time.

Just retrofitted my MAD EAR+ headamp, all set for the next meet. party.gifheadphone.gif

Depends Oak, if headphonecrazy had listened to this setup after I've left, the power cords could be Belden 19364 that I've made for lengcm.

Ok how does one aquire the group pic?? unsure.gif

heee hee hee one must be present in the meet itself in order to receive the pics

that's the pre-requisite tongue.gif

so wortel.. no pic for u lol.giflol.giflol.gif !!