jasonhanjk

SG Headphones 3rd meet result

Finally I know what HD600 is in the meeting biggrin.gif

To be frankly I just took a glance at the RS1, DT880 and CD3K (all much better than my 240DF wub.gif ), and mainly focused on the 3 HD600s.

On LC-KING my favorite can was HD580 with equinox, with enough but clean bass for symphony playback. However, blush.gif , there were 3 amps controlling the bass of HD600 very well : naim, sugden and the RKV. Dont have time to experience the Gilmore and Corda yet innocent.gif . Comparatively naim gave a milky sound and sugden was more rigid. The RKV constructed a warm and full-bodied atmosphere ... ... ..., but anyway, it is not as tempting as the previous two, since a bit expensive ppth.gif

BTW, I prefer to the one with equinox, but in fact, the stock cable is also ok for me.

Hi Voxel, I did not have a chance to listen to the naim during the meet, how would you define a milky sound? headphone.gif

I really liked the RKV with the cyrus CDP/PS. Easily the star of the meet IMO. thumbup1.gif

I would have really loved to hear the Cayin but sigh........ Northern Oak had to leave early!

I think Blues Guy did not turn up

unsure.gif or maybe tee picked up the wrong person or he(Blues Guy) just sent his alter ego over!?! haha.gif

thats definitely our "cookie"

keeps it all in in real life, then spams away at the keyboard haha.gif

anybody share my enthusiasm for the CD3K/sugden/MFcdp combo? hehe

I don't know about you guys but my star performer yesterday was the A3 cdp+cayin+sony cd3000

this system clearly shines through everything that I threw.. bon jovi, savage garden. Clearly a good and all rounded performer.

Equinox through the A3 cdp and the sugden sounds very good too.

But when you first put them on, I could hear that 'veil'. It just sounds strange.. especially if you had been donning other cans before you put them on.. like rs 1 or even cd3k. But after a while, the sounds quite grows on you and I was like.. huh? was there any veil?

it's like an acquired kind of sound.. I guess.

Oh and yes.. the real Blues is still sleeping.. I am his alter ego

Call me RED Guy smoke.gif

penguin amp

I'll give this Penguin "CMOY" a 9 out of 10. Fantastic sound for such a small DIY. Sounded very good with the Koss and Sennheiser. If not for the rather sparse and loose fittings I'll defintely give it a 10! Bravo!

wink.gif

BTW what amp was firefox working on in the picture?

evo, can u please send me the group photo as well?

syphrix@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks wink.gif

The RKV is the star of the day, I think it can be pair up with any CDPs will it perform well as well any cans you can thrown at it.

For the CDP the MF A3 is the star of the day.

Lastly who got the group picture send to all in the meet please. wink.gif

Although I like the RKV/Cyrus combo as well. The HD600 cable comparo was the highlight of the day for me. Other than these two I was unable to listen at any great length with the other gears. I was sooo... looking forward to sit down with the MF CDP + Sugden + RS-1. Then the guy asked us to leave the room. PffttT!!!

is there a way to sent the grp pic within sgheadphones?

checked the PM and email, don't seem to have attachment function

those who provided email add, i have sent the pic, but this method quite haphazard

maybe i post it in yahoo photos, then give u all the password, then u can download urself

ok?

some may want to keep their anonymity, so me ask first for clearance

eeek. I look like a dork with my braces. this's why I shy away from pictures mad.gif

you can mass mail people from here, but don't think you can mass mail with an attachment though, evo.

Post the photo here... LOL!