ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

WOW!!!!! Now I understand letting go of the W5k. :drool:

How does it sound with the Yamamoto. I was Eying one for a time but I had mixed reviews of the GS1k w/ the Yama. That's why I was eying its younger sibling and cousin the RS1 and the MS Pro. :sweat:

Need to have a Headphone meet some time. :bash:

Impressions Please! :blush:

Edited by jojo_b2

How does it sound with the Yamamoto. I was Eying one for a time but I had mixed reviews of the GS1k w/ the Yama. That's why I was eying its younger sibling and cousin the RS1 and the MS Pro. :sweat:

Every review is subjective and some even untrue. So I only trust my own ears. As I always said, an audition speak a thousand words. Have to thanks Aron from Stereo for offering the home audition. Guess he knows what I'm thinking.

Turned out that it matches my Yama very well. After burned in, it sound warm with a very lush texture mid, wide soundstage and most of all, musical and intimate. Bass is slightly overwhelming but with a few QR-8, bass tighten up. GS1000 doesn't has the same signature as the rest of Grado which has a forward mid. It slightly more laid back which suit my taste. It takes a long time to burn in so those owning it have to be patience.

Wait for the HD800 to arrive then we can have a meet. :thumbup:

Did you hide it from me this morning? :bash:

Left it at my office in the morning. Managed to get my staff to deliver to my place later in the day. I believe you're enjoying your new toy now. Give us your impression too. :prettyprincess:

Edited by ical

Did I hear headphone meet? :cans:

New member to the woodie family. My first open cans. :D

So, now you starting on your Grado collection? :thumbup:

If you manage to polish that GS1K, I'd be impressed :P

So, now you starting on your Grado collection? :thumbup:

If you manage to polish that GS1K, I'd be impressed :P

Polished already. Can't you see it glossy and shine like mirror finish. :grin:

Edited by ical

Did I hear headphone meet? :cans:

Think it would be more interesting if the HD800 finally arrives... right Calvin?

Or is the GS1K a prelude to the PS1K?

Think it would be more interesting if the HD800 finally arrives... right Calvin?

Or is the GS1K a prelude to the PS1K?

Ya, we'll wait for HD800 to combine the force. :grin: Doubt I'll go for PS1000 unless the performance and price is damn good. So when you joining dynamic? Talk and talk but nothing happen. :grin:

i second that :beer:

Want to join the GS1000 club. :grin:

Cal, can lend me some of that polish? RS1 smaller area, I won't use so much. :innocent:

Polish to expensive to mess up. :ppth:

Ya, we'll wait for HD800 to combine the force. :grin: Doubt I'll go for PS1000 unless the performance and price is damn good. So when you joining dynamic? Talk and talk but nothing happen. :grin:

You also never let me listen to your setup, how then would I know if I'll like dynamic??

The only true dynamic I have is my Beyer 990..... not impressive at all. Of course, this is in comparison with my Staxens. You join me la... be a Stax-Head!

wow been away for almost a week and so much news toys to c..... :DD

well i am back in kl kena kau kau poisoned by HI FI rigs and some of the tweaks....

did i heard a headphones meet? hehe :D

my akg 701 recabled and tuned in jus finish burned in and my beyer dt880 600ohm is under recabling and modding process as well....

any1 dont like the stock akg 701 cold analytical sound and polite bass should try to listen to it

a completely different sound signature than i expected it to be....