ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

I like steve (musiclink) uses both technical knowledge sprinkled with some audio experience... makes for very compelling arguements. Had a good time chatting there with uber.

Just beware being brainwash. His stuff is not cheap. :smoke:

Edited by ical

Just beware being brainwash. His stuff is not cheap. :smoke:

haha yeah... just went there for the caps. Anything else was just KIV.

Not really, bought quite a number of stuffs there previously. :cry:

Edited by ical

haha

speaking of new rigs, just got my furutech fuse and telos xlr and rca caps from our good friend here :D thanks bro u r a lifesaver!! and generously loaned me 2 more powercords back to poison some of our audiophiles friends back in Msia :D

now i trying my reborn akg 701.......jus onli my dac with my multimedia speaker with inbuilt amp...

the results......... :DD i love it!!!

1 word if u dislike the stock akg with polite bass,very flat,cold and a minor sibliance on the highs..

this will blow u away..... :thumbup: now it is ranked almost same performance with my beyer and modded sen hd650......

another input/output caps for yor consideration :grin:

Short Plug

Got the Acoustic Revive Short Plugs (SIP-8F). This is meant for the input terminals. The SIP-8F comes in a pack of 8, and since I don't need that many, shared a pack with two other usual suspects here. :grin:

Tried plugging in and out several times to hear the effect. Not night and day, but noticeable enough. Instruments and voices have better separation and overall sound seemed to be easier on the ears.

Will wait for the other two guys to give their impressions after passing the SIP-8Fs to them.

IPB Image

IPB Image

impressions ? my bro haha :D

but during our audition on Jaben, i found it on senheisser hd650 it has very good synergy and wider soundstage than it's sibling novo

highly recommendable :thumbup:

impressions ? my bro haha :D

but during our audition on Jaben, i found it on senheisser hd650 it has very good synergy and wider soundstage than it's sibling novo

highly recommendable :thumbup:

I am giving it the recommended 72 hours burn in before more critical listening. But initial impression...yes, certainly better than its little brother even though it is fresh out of the box. :grin:

A couple of pics of the Solo...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Kachui

Ok...got my CDP modded by James of http://www.effectiveaudiomod.com/ back this afternoon. It took three days coz he burned it in and tested it before sending it back to me.

The first thing that hit me when I played the CDP was how smooth everything was; the highs, the mids, even the bass...all sounded smooth with no harshness at all; tested the Eagles' "Get Over It" from Hell Freezes Over album, which tend to sound a bit harsh on many sytstem...well, listened to this track a couple of times, and no harshness was detected at all. The second thing that I noticed right away was everything seems to sound bigger. So the verdict: this is certainly a bang-for-the-buck mod from just the initial improvements that I detected. :thumbup:

Received my Effective Audio James modded Cambridge CD740c yesterday. Same as Kachui mentioned. The CDP overall become very clean & smooth, darkness, fullness body, bigger headroom. tip top layering & serperation. it doesn't sound warm but neutral. Recommended mod if you have 740c.

Received my Effective Audio James modded Cambridge CD740c yesterday. Same as Kachui mentioned. The CDP overall become very clean & smooth, darkness, fullness body, bigger headroom. tip top layering & serperation. it doesn't sound warm but neutral. Recommended mod if you have 740c.

I believe the mod done by James is good for most CDP; initially when I had the 340C, he did not think it was cost-effective to get it modded even though it would certainly bring about marked improvements. Appreciate his honesty.

Edited by Kachui

Got the Acoustic Revive Short Plugs (SIP-8F). This is meant for the input terminals. The SIP-8F comes in a pack of 8, and since I don't need that many, shared a pack with two other usual suspects here. :grin:

Tried plugging in and out several times to hear the effect. Not night and day, but noticeable enough. Instruments and voices have better separation and overall sound seemed to be easier on the ears.

Will wait for the other two guys to give their impressions after passing the SIP-8Fs to them.

it difficult to pull out! very tigh!! anyway, i plugged in two AR short plugs to my Yama, it seem like the whole body decreased but more darkness, more details.

telos gold was body fuller, darkness not as good as AR....

got to try pull out one AR to replace telos...

it difficult to pull out! very tigh!! anyway, i plugged in two AR short plugs to my Yama, it seem like the whole body decreased but more darkness, more details.

telos gold was body fuller, darkness not as good as AR....

got to try pull out one AR to replace telos...

Try twisting it around while pulling out.

Did you use the stickers as well?

No decrease in the body when I put them into my system. Will try an AB again afterwards.

Maybe try one telos and one AR in your system?