ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

I'm kind of lost here, how do these Telos caps improve the sound? Aren't they covering the RCA jacks that aren't in use? :huh:

wait until you see this

Pure Silk Absorber

@Uber

Some links that might be useful

http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&q=te...&meta=&aq=f&oq=

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Magazine/equi..._audio_caps.htm

The caps are designed to lower EMI and RFI interferences so in a way you have a clean signal more sound and detail that was already there in the 1st place is better heard. It doesn't add or tune anything on my rig. :think:

I found the same thing on my rig the boom and bass roll off on my W1000 was nearly gone. I actually FEEL more of the bass than hear a boom. You know the tingling bass sensation from an Atrio that's what I feel from cups of the W1000. In terms of detail. I couldn't dicern if it was better since the details just opened up after using the Furutech Fuse. The problem of adding tweaks at the same time. :sweat:

EDIT: Waah...this is an explanation of what I found while listening last Saturday. Quoted from this site...

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Magazine/equi..._audio_caps.htm

"With the added incisiveness, musical notes emerged better delineated. This gave an eerie effect of time slowing down, allowing you to peer clearly onto the musical "action" in proper sequence. What do I mean by that? Without the XLR caps, the vocal and reverb seemed jumbled up together; with the XLR caps, you could clearly depict that it was the vocal that excite the surrounding air, hence, the reverb emerged undoubtedly after the singing. Not only this, kick drum did not come in a blob of thump. A "thud" clearly portrayed the hit impact and blooming gracefully into proper shape and air reverberation."

Note:

Acoustic revive also has the same product in line (but more $$). But these are shorting caps.

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/sip8/sip8_01.html

Cardas also has these caps. But couldn't find locally and it was just a piece of metal no teflon base or anything.

http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=pro...s&product_id=39

Edited by jojo_b2

wait until you see this

Pure Silk Absorber

This I really have to see/hear to believe. I think I might have a silk blanket lying around somewhere to tear up. :P

@Jojo: Thanks for the links. Interesting concept here. Doesn't seem like a difficult/expensive tweak. Might try it out in the future.

@Uber

Your welcome. I have been looking for the Cardas for sometime after hitting the Telos. Quite surprised on the results. It was more prominent on my nEar05 after applying the XLR caps which had a pin which I put in the ground. =)

wha so many things can tweak. :rclxub:

this thread getting super dangerous.

i think can rename the thread to Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs *WARNING:ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

@Uber

Your welcome. I have been looking for the Cardas for sometime after hitting the Telos. Quite surprised on the results. It was more prominent on my nEar05 after applying the XLR caps which had a pin which I put in the ground. =)

yeah... i've been wanting to see how the cardas and telos compare myself

wha so many things can tweak. :rclxub:

this thread getting super dangerous.

i think can rename the thread to Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs *WARNING:ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

QFT. :yes:

@Cal

The fuse really something. I believe it's one of those final tweaks once you get your rig to sound the way you like (for me warm with a ameaty bottom end). Everything clear and tight. The RCA caps also had a bit of effect. My W1000 gets those bass shake when I listen now but no boom at all. :DD

Two person poisoned. Going there tomorrow to buy for some one.

NOTE: I made a mistake. It's not MusicAV. It's MusicLinkAV. I believe my shock from initially listening made me disoriented. I apologize for any confusion caused. :no:

:sign0006:

By the way I hope the Lava lamps doesn't do anything to an audio rig. I will cry already as no place to put anything specially a lamp. lol! :doh:

You guys sink deeper than I thought. :grin: Lava Lamp do make a difference. Looking at it while listening make everything sound so smooth. :beer:

Edited by ical

You guys sink deeper than I thought. :grin: Lava Lamp do make a difference. Looking at it while listening make everything sound so smooth. :beer:

:doh: Now puttilng Methos Lava lamp on the list after Oyaide Power Distributor and Acoustic Revive Power Stabilizer. :cry:

Wah liddat ah... lucky for me I got one :grin:

... smooth like my child's backside :lol:

You can't be serious... :doh:

Lol! :whistle:

:doh: Now puttilng Methos Lava lamp on the list after Oyaide Power Distributor and Acoustic Revive Power Stabilizer. :cry:

perhaps, soon we can have a Lava Lamp-Headphone meet.... :rclxms:

perhaps, soon we can have a Lava Lamp-Headphone meet.... :rclxms:

Lava lamp will be the entry pass to future headphones meet regardless Mathmos or clone brands :grin::smoke: