ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Just get a Zana Deux.

That won't do. zana Deux isn't balanced, won't be making full use of his balanced headphones.

If it must be Eddie Current amps, then only the Balancing Act is appropriate :grin:

If balance is the setup you're going for, instead of Zana Deux, I recommend the Balance Act from Eddie Current. Only slightly more than Zana and on a limited run at the moment.

his mind only B22 :P

Edited by kidult

Then save up and go for it! Talk, no action how can. :grin: This kind of thing cannot wait. :grin:

Edited by ical

:ppth::ppth::ppth:

Ooooo.... which headphone or setup is better? DT880, AKG or Senns?

Other than electrostats, I have only heard the DT990 (250ohms?) and AKG K1Ks.

Would like to have a listen, you have made me curious.

Maybe I should change camps too? :blink:

k1000 not dynamic can ler!! :sweat:

lol i think neither will suit u ler but u r welcome to try :grin:

i still trying to get my 3 cans to sound like 1st time i heard it with balanced amp ....

still a bit more.....hahaha

wait ler saving a bit for the last rounds to shoot the amp for finish journey.. hehe

Edited by sep90

Who need 800 when you can have a single 8. :grin:

IPB Image

How does the ED8 compares with the rest of the cans you have? I'm planning to get one myself but need to wait till tomorrow because I'm over-quota for this month. :blush:

k1000 not dynamic can ler!! :sweat:

lol i think neither will suit u ler but u r welcome to try :grin:

i still trying to get my 3 cans to sound like 1st time i heard it with balanced amp ....

still a bit more.....hahaha

wait ler saving a bit for the last rounds to shoot the amp for finish journey.. hehe

Eric using a last stretch strategy. hehehe! Simple but good. :dance:

Just want to add the Kingrex PSU eric loaned is definitely something to look at if you own a AR RR-77. The PSU provides another avenue to tweak the RR-77 further. Suprisingly it not only lets the RR-77 provide its impressive soundstage. But it also gives a different presentation for a Can.

I can only relate what I've heard on the RS1. The PSU pulls the forward vocals abit further back and brings forward the intrumental background. The timbre and the splash of cymbals was a delight. The Bass was even clearer as it was brought forward. the Vocals do not loose out but are just presented on a different layer. With all this the separation was just astounding. :drool:

It also changed my W1000 presentation too. But will keep it to myself until I have my own PSU.

Thanks ERIC!

@Cal

Since you have an ED8. You might want to look at these.

http://zino.ultrasone.com/

:whistle:

Just want to add the Kingrex PSU eric loaned is definitely something to look at if you own a AR RR-77. The PSU provides another avenue to tweak the RR-77 further. Suprisingly it not only lets the RR-77 provide its impressive soundstage. But it also gives a different presentation for a Can.

I can only relate what I've heard on the RS1. The PSU pulls the forward vocals abit further back and brings forward the intrumental background. The timbre and the splash of cymbals was a delight. The Bass was even clearer as it was brought forward. the Vocals do not loose out but are just presented on a different layer. With all this the separation was just astounding. :drool:

It also changed my W1000 presentation too. But will keep it to myself until I have my own PSU.

Thanks ERIC!

glad u enjoyed it hehe

the mids very bought to other stage well making the instruments forward and the bass hummm :party:

i never heard the bass on 3 cans that surprising good :thumbup::party: the left and right bass i had been searching for so long is there!!!!!! :thumbup:

Wow...now I am tempted to try the Kingrex...

By the way, succumbed to temptation and put an order for the HF2...I guess I will probably get it much later than everyone else..and probably can audition one before I receive mine...and if I don't like it, I can still cancel it. :P

Edited by Kachui

-ohn' date='29 Jun 2009, 09:47 AM' post='114774']

How does the ED8 compares with the rest of the cans you have? I'm planning to get one myself but need to wait till tomorrow because I'm over-quota for this month. :blush:

I didn't really compare it with rest which are open cans. They're totally different animal and each has their own presentation. I like all of them. However, it does reminds me slightly of my old D7000 but better in dynamic, speed and control. Sound darker too. Do take note it takes a long time to burn in to show it's true color. After that you're in heaven. I'm lost in music with ED8 now. :thumbup: Btw, only a few left so you better reserve yours. Next shipping will have to wait for quite some time.

Thanks ERIC!

@Cal

Since you have an ED8. You might want to look at these.

http://zino.ultrasone.com/

:whistle:

Told you all already about the Kingrex PSU but nobody believe me. :grin:

Already got the ED8 which can also be use as portable so don't need the another Ultrasone.

Wow...now I am tempted to try the Kingrex...

By the way, succumbed to temptation and put an order for the HF2...I guess I will probably get it much later than everyone else..and probably can audition one before I receive mine...and if I don't like it, I can still cancel it. :P

Another victim of PS1. :grin:

Edited by ical

Yup another GRado Fan convert in our Midst. Now praying that the HF2 can get at least the some of the Lows of the PS1. But i may be asking too much already. :rclxub:

i will surely pass the HF2 around once in. I ordered early June. but some one else also ordered before me. =p

Hayz, Need tpo buy PSU too. :cry:

That won't do. zana Deux isn't balanced, won't be making full use of his balanced headphones.

If it must be Eddie Current amps, then only the Balancing Act is appropriate :grin:

I meant, get a Zana Deux and stop worrying about going balanced. Just get a top of the line SE amp, balanced is so troublesome with XLR ICs, and you really reduce the number of sources you can choose from that have XLR out.

Or you can just disregard what I just said and get the Chord DAC64 with the Eddie Current Balancing Act. :innocent: