ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

I'm actually on the look out for an SACD player with digital input since I might go the SACD route. Stello CDT100 is a very nice non-SACD option, but I need the DA100 Signature for best results, and mine is not the Signtaure...

If you're planning for SACD route, you'll need a VERY good SACD player in order to justify the software you're going to spend. I'm not talking about those Marantz. Trust me, those are not going to beat a good cdp that play only redbook. Don't follow the mistakes that I've made. :cry:

SACD main advantage is it's mastered surround sound for 5.1 surround system(2 main speakers, 1 centre, 2 surround speakers and a sub). For headphone usage, you're not taking advantage of that. It only give you a higher resolution sound which still depend on the capability of your player. It not going to give you that kind of surround soundstage.

There's are many better new format like K2HD, LPCD, SHIM-CD and the latest HQCD. These can be play in any redbook player without restriction. These beat SACD anytime. Fyi, it a dying format like DVD Audio. I've quite a collection of SACD. If you're interested, I can offer cheap cheap. :grin:

Edited by ical

Guest dragonboy

IPB Image

Finally..... SPL Phonitor... I was trying so hard to make myself settle for the Auditor ( to save some money after splurging on the Ed8 last week ). But boy, the Phonitor just drove me nuts. :rclxub: It's detail separation makes all instruments easily distinguished, without losing it's accuracy in presentation and still maintained sounding extremely neutral and natural. Pairing with the ED8 ( bought last unit together with the ionclast :whistle: ) the synergy was.... :thumbup::thumbup:.

Of course, I'm sure the improvement will get more significant since all my new toys are not run-in yet... Plus ionclast still not use yet. Anyone knows how to fully make use of the ionclast??

My CD player seems to be giving way soon after serving me for the last 10 years. Heard from aron that he's bringing a new cd player.... Will it happen to start with "W"? If it is, :moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies:

I just hope that my wife don't see my credit card bill. :sweat:

Edited by dragonboy

All this hype about the SPL is really feeding my curiosity about it, I think I must make a trip to Stereo when I am back home.

I haven't really gone into a lot of cdp, but the little dot cdp and dac combo is serving me well, not sure if you get to try them in Sg.

Guest dragonboy

Only problem I have... the SPL seems to be a bit picky with source and cables. Tried with NBS, Nordost, but doesn't seem to be as good as the VDH cables set-up at Plaza sing... wonder can have home audition? :whistle:

Edited by dragonboy

Nice dragonboy! It'll be even nicer if you can post pic of your actual rig.

Do take note that Phonitor is super sensitive to power it feed so powercord, conditioner and etc is important. Indeed it matches the ED8 very well or should I say most cans as well.

For Ionclast, just follow the instruction on the manual. I use it mainly for my CD and cables. So far it works great in removing noise and improving definition.

Can't spell Wadia? :grin::grin: From what I know, he's looking at something better than that. :whistle:

You've to pay cash lah. Paying by credit card is asking for trouble. Everything is in black and white! :grin:

Edited by ical

Nice dragonboy! It'll be even nicer if you can post pic of your actual rig.

Do take note that Phonitor is super sensitive to power it feed so powercord, conditioner and etc is important. Indeed it matches the ED8 very well or should I say most cans as well.

For Ionclast, just follow the instruction on the manual. I use it mainly for my CD and cables. So far it works great in removing noise and improving definition.

Can't spell Wadia? :grin::grin: From what I know, he's looking at something better than that. :whistle:

You've to pay cash lah. Paying by credit card is asking for trouble. Everything is in black and white! :grin:

Isn't it very difficult to use the ionclast? does it really work?

I have such a huge amount of static here, that when wake up in the middle of the night with my t-shirt(drifit material) and i can create sparks of statics for like 10-15 seconds(not kidding), and i wonder how much of that are clinging onto my system.

Guest dragonboy

I'm really not the camera-type person. Pai-seh to take kindergarden quality photos. Even my wife don't let me take photos of her, say I don't know how to shoot from nice angle... I don't dare to say if "swee" all angle also "swee" lah. :grin:

:b2t I've a feeling I'll need to dig out more $$$ for a new CD player and cables :cry: . I really hope I can make do with whatever I have and avoid Plaza sing if possible. But..... the force is strong :icon_angel_devil:

I'm really not the camera-type person. Pai-seh to take kindergarden quality photos. Even my wife don't let me take photos of her, say I don't know how to shoot from nice angle... I don't dare to say if "swee" all angle also "swee" lah. :grin:

:b2t I've a feeling I'll need to dig out more $$$ for a new CD player and cables :cry: . I really hope I can make do with whatever I have and avoid Plaza sing if possible. But..... the force is strong :icon_angel_devil:

Any visible pic will do. Even can be taken from phone. :doh:

For cdp and cables, you should avoid Adelphi. Stereo has nothing much other than Van Den Hul cables. Unless Aron is bringing in the interesting player that I've mentioned. :grin:

Isn't it very difficult to use the ionclast? does it really work?

Very easy, just click. Works great!

Edited by ical

Guest dragonboy

Any visible pic will do. Even can be taken from phone. :doh:

For cdp and cables, you should avoid Adelphi. Stereo has nothing much other than Van Den Hul cables. Unless Aron is bringing in the interesting player that I've mentioned. :grin:

Oh dear... base on your impressive rig.... the "interesting cd player" should not be lesser than $6K? :terrified:

I think I better don't ask too much and enjoy my new toy first. :hifi:

Very easy, just click. Works great!

so u go all the way for the cables form the end to the speakers? its quite a hefty bit of stuff to zap

Yes, it quite a workout for cables. So I only treat them once and forget about it. I use it more for CD, every time before I play.

This is the one that I'm looking at. :grin: Also professional component like Phonitor. Matches the look!

http://www.stereophile.com/cdplayers/507nag/

I like this too.

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/products_detail.asp?id=40

Bro... :doh:

This one la.

http://www.nagraaudio.com/highend/index.php

IPB Image

My CD player seems to be giving way soon after serving me for the last 10 years. Heard from aron that he's bringing a new cd player.... Will it happen to start with "W"? If it is, :moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies:

The new Wadia 381 is cheaper and very much similar to the 581... last I checked only ard $9+ new - only 4

:moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies::moneyflies:

The ionclast just have to click it and zap it. The statics will go off. However, you need to zap it once after 10 time you had use the equipment in order to zap away those statics.

It work wonder, had tried with my friends one, and use it on my headphone, sound cleaner.