ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Nice and neat setup for your dorm. Will be a hit with the ladies as well... :grin:

:grin::grin::grin: I'll bring the cds.... dun like the ribbed type... :no: :no:

:blink::blink:OOOooopppss... I MEANT I don't like my music ripped, prefer compact discs :whistle::whistle::whistle:

:blink::blink:OOOooopppss... I MEANT I don't like my music ripped, prefer compact discs :whistle::whistle::whistle:

@Uberburger: Don't underestimate the power of the Emperor...

IPB Image

@Jig

Sonething to PLAY....ehem... think about.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/attenti...eadband-435327/

Prefer this version of the Mad World by Tears for Fears (yes yes you are right Kidult :yuck: )

IPB Image

Love the track "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" by Kaori Muraji

> Pretty Jap lady who's good with her hands and fingers... what's there not to like?! :grin:

IPB Image

The 1st release by the duo.. I think. Love their guitar playing. Thanks to iCal for the recommendation.

IPB Image

@Jig

Sonething to PLAY....ehem... think about.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/attenti...eadband-435327/

Only for HE90 leh....

is it deep enough for you Lord Jig ?? :grin: Oopss.. I mean your ears Lord :lol:

Seems a bit hard... artificial? Prefer the bouncy bouncy al'natural type, much softer.

Grado amp should matched with Grado headphone. This rig is great for pick up line:"You want to touch...oh..sorry..I...meant...listen...to..my..headphone.." Good excuse to invite girls into your room. Damn! You learn fast!! jig_sg taught you well. :lol:

He's a good teacher! :thumbup:

:doh:

@Uberburger: Don't underestimate the power of the Emperor...

IPB Image

Does that make me... Darth Uber? :sweat:

The 1st release by the duo.. I think. Love their guitar playing. Thanks to iCal for the recommendation.

IPB Image

Wow, didn't know they have this CD. Time to add this to my collection. Where did you get that?

Since the Phonitor is sort of a monitoring, I'd thought I'd share this new gear that I read about.

The Ultimate PC Audio Setup!

The Metric Halo ULN-8 + Amarra Software

The Metric Halo ULN-8

Suppose to be super low jitter and extremely neutral.

Somemore got more knobbly stuff to twitch than Phonitor! :drool:

But its abit overkill since its kindof pro gear and price is ... :rolleyes:

Anyone got S$8K+ spare change to try it out? Only on a Mac though :cry:

Simply the best - of everything!

Building upon the experience gained with the Mobile I/O 2882 and ULN-2, we set out to design an integrated product to literally provide the best performance in each of its component sections while still providing all of the benefits of tight integration in a single field-capable package. The ULN-8 is the result of that development program.

The ULN-8 incorporates a number of new Metric Halo Audio technologies including:

* 192k sample rate support for both Analog and AES Inputs and Outputs

* New DC-coupled, zero phase distortion, servo balanced Line Inputs and Outputs

* ULN-R next generation remote controlled preamp technology. The Mic Pres in the ULN-8 build upon the audio performance pioneered by the ULN-2 preamp design with the additional benefit and technological innovation of full clickless remote control of the ULN Mic pre. This is accomplished with a sophisticated gain switching mechanism which incorporates Metric Halo "zero-cross" technology.

* Fully clickless remote controlled Monitor outputs. All ULN-8 analog outputs incorporate Metric Halo clickless remote technology allowing for flexible monitoring applications from stereo to 7.1 surround.

http://www.mhsecure.com/v5mm/ULN-8.html

IPB Image

IPB Image

The Amarra Computer Music Player

The Amarra software designed to use with iTunes; for those using pc as music player/server...

... if you have US$1,495 to spare as well. :rclxub:

http://www.amarraaudio.com/

A thread on HeadFi on it

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/amarra-a...e-using-428550/

IPB Image

Sonic Studio presents the AMARRA COMPUTER MUSIC PLAYER, the audiophile quality computer music player for the most discriminating enthusiast. Amarra represents the next generation of computer based music players and is designed using the same technology in use today by record companies worldwide for producing CDs and DVDs.

AMARRA sounds better

It is easy to make music sound good on a computer. It is very hard to make music sound fabulous. At every step of the processing chain the greatest attention has been paid to achieve the best sound possible.

So anyone got a Mac to donate? Must have SSD HDD though, less jitter. Oh yes, Cal I remember you got one, right? :yeah:

Note : I'm not in anyway related to any of these companies but I wish I was! :grin:

Edited by jig_sg

saw the amarra at headfi and also one of the canjam show in the US. however is too exp for me and i got no mac!

Woah, you attended a Canjam? Well, how did it sound? Was the performance of Amarra good? Any A/B test?

I'm using Mac but looking at those knobs on the Amarra make me headache. Think I'll spend more time twitching than enjoying my music. I'm happy with just 3 knobs now(but mostly work on 2 cos only got 2 hands). :grin: For that kind of money, I rather to spend on a solid cd player.

Edited by ical

I'm using Mac but looking at those knobs on the Amarra make me headache. Think I'll spend more time twitching than enjoying my music. I'm happy with just 3 knobs now(but mostly work on 2 cos only got 2 hands). :grin: For that kind of money, I rather to spend on a solid cd player.

Actually only need to tune one only, the headphone volume or one of the 8 input/outputs available.

Yes, it can handle 8 in & out.

This is a headphone amp & dac and much more!

Woah, you attended a Canjam? Well, how did it sound? Was the performance of Amarra good? Any A/B test?

nah, never have the money to go.

i think i typed wrongly. I saw the amarra on headfi web, about the CanJam 2009 and they highlighted it out in one of the article.