ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Got a feeling that you'll get it when I heard that you're dropping by Sky Audio. :party: Excellent pre. Btw, did I heard that someone saying that he wouldn't upgrade for a long time. :think::grin:

Edited by ical

Got a feeling that you'll get it when I heard that you're dropping by Sky Audio. :party: Excellent pre. Btw, did I heard that someone saying that he wouldn't upgrade for a long time. :think::grin:

ya, that was 6 days ago hehe...

6 X 24 X 60 X 60 = 518400 seconds....that is a long long time...remember, it only took 9.58 sceonds to run 100 metres. :P

What are the tubes used in your new pre-amp?

All three 12AX7...although the first and the last 5751 was recommended...at the moment, using two GE5151 and Mullard CV4003...not the good ones.

The rectifier tube is Sovtek 5U4G, it is the stock tube that comes with it...recommended to get GEC U52.

Sigh...all this new to me...

Corrections:

Checked the tubes closely, and found I was given wrong info:

These are the tubes are are used on the M7: Two GE JAN5751 and one Mullard CV4004

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Kachui

The rectifier tube is Sovtek 5U4G, it is the stock tube that comes with it...recommended to get GEC U52.

You can also go for nos Mullard CV378 (slim bottle), available at Well Audio. GEC U52 is very difficult to find now unless you're willing to pay it's high price.

https://www.tubeworld.com/gz37.htm

You can also go for nos Mullard CV378 (slim bottle), available at Well Audio. GEC U52 is very difficult to find now unless you're willing to pay it's high price.

https://www.tubeworld.com/gz37.htm

Thanks, bro. I really know almost nothing when it comes to tubes. :wacko:

After closer inspection of the tubes on my M7, realized Steven (skyaudio) may have made typo mistake when he sms the info of the tubes to me: the two GE tubes are JAN5751 (not 5151)and the Mullard is CV4004 (not 4003). The CV4004 is actually a pretty decent tube according to the write-up on it.

Edited by Kachui

5751! I've been reading up a lot on that tube model since my Ear+ HD uses it. Damn, I recently sold off my spares. :doh: Try to go for the triple mica versions, my current favourite is the GE 1950s triple mica black plate. Price a little steep though. The extra mica helps to reduce noise floor and microphonics.

These are the triple mica grey plates.

IPB Image

And these are the triple mica black plates.

IPB Image

If you're fishing on eBay let me know, I might want to get a few spares. ;)

@Kachui

Nice Rig! Waah I didn't even get a chance to hear your original rig. Haha! I'm quite interested to know how it sounds if time permits. :thumbup:

Just an update after 50 +/- hours of burn in my RS1 sounds brighter than my HD800 lol! I get a warmer presentation on my HD800.

The Apache extensions on highs and bass is showing already. I was WOWed this after noon listening to my Demo CD (you guys know what it is already). :party:

But I have to admit it doesn't have that lush presentation on the mid range specially on vocals that one can get w/ tubes. But I really really love how my rig SLAMs!!! :lust:

@Kachui

Nice Rig! Waah I didn't even get a chance to hear your original rig. Haha! I'm quite interested to know how it sounds if time permits. :thumbup:

Just an update after 50 +/- hours of burn in my RS1 sounds brighter than my HD800 lol! I get a warmer presentation on my HD800.

The Apache extensions on highs and bass is showing already. I was WOWed this after noon listening to my Demo CD (you guys know what it is already). :party:

But I have to admit it doesn't have that lush presentation on the mid range specially on vocals that one can get w/ tubes. But I really really love how my rig SLAMs!!! :lust:

Bro, how are the cables? Love to hear your opinion. It may determine if they are keepers or ....

Looks very simple...of course the power supply is separated...but the M7 has turned my HD800 into a bass monster...and I don't mean boomy bass, but tight, punchy, slam-dunk deep bass... :party:

IPB Image