ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

wah u starting a blacksand collection there jojo? lol :D

the blacksand silver reference mk5..... :drool:

how is the sound signature compare to previous siblings....zI and zII

i tempted to get it jus to pair with white snake......

i need some powerful powercord to balanced out the mids and extension on the both sides.......and more warmer and musical to hear.....

jus changed the tubes for my dac to amperex and omg!!!! the deep bass extend to crazy level and high is way off the chart without any grain!!! and midrange bloom and the transparency as good as telefunkens...crystal clear with both great extension high and lows and no noise hum....

i cant believe amperex jus beat telefunken i had burning for 1 month....

Edited by Eric Chia

It's good you like the Amperex. For 6922s they are the best in terms of range full bodied Tube sound. It should be a mix of the dnamics with the warm tube signature. Just wishedI had my LC3 to try it out. loL! :doh:

Anyway what I have is a MK4 not an MK5. The MK4 is basically an updated Black Max with hybrid Silver/Copper strands. I even had to Email John of Black sands just to verify as the tubing indicated Black Max not Silver Ref. John confirmed it was either an MK3 or MK4 but since the Plugs are Wattgate 330i AGs they had to be MK4s said John. :blush:

In terms of sound signature all three are different. From initial listening, guess what the Z1 is still my favorite. It doesn't have the massive soundstage of the Z2 and the complete range + Soundstage of the Silver Ref MK4. But In terms of musicallity it seems to beat the rest. I hope to have time to play around. I belive my Z2 only has 50 hours I'll check again after 150. :think:

I can pass the silver Ref to you one of these days. Basically I find the Silver Ref is a Z1 with BIGGER sound stage and a very nice upper range. The bass seems to be at par with the Z1 only the Silver ref has it tighter. Over all the Silver Ref wins but I feel it's just too much details for me. I will try either a Z2 or the Silver Ref to a CDP paired to the Z1 on my Yamamoto. ;)

we should have a powercords meet hahaa :D

i will pass my tunami gpx-r to u for trying

hmm i can bring my dac for testing as well since the amperex is not fully burn in and it's shocked me straight away with upper highs extension and dynamic's deep bass

Looks familiar, I presume its Patrick's (HeadFi) rig? Think he no longer uses the Finite Elemente Rack of Silence.

The dude's really one of a kind. Wraps everything up with ERS paper and has the most expensive powercord from Virtual Dynamics, which IIRC cost some 5-figure.

Edited by jig_sg

Looks familiar, I presume its Patrick's (HeadFi) rig? Think he no longer uses the Finite Elemente Rack of Silence.

The dude's really one of a kind. Wraps everything up with ERS paper and has the most expensive powercord from Virtual Dynamics, which IIRC cost some 5-figure.

Yeah it's his. I recall seeing tt pic somewhere before on HF sometime late last yr. I was like... man :shocking:

And I was wondering what was ERS paper...

http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/ers_cloth_e.html

Strangly though I recall him selling just 1 of his ground conditioners a few weeks ago. I didn't pay attention then, but it now struck me as wierd.

Maybe he found 10 conditioners better than 11? :D

Crap that video is creepy.

He's one creepy guy.. with lots of dough to splash.

He's one creepy guy.. with lots of dough to splash.

Hmmm...creepy and rich...reminds me of a certain Dr...

IPB Image

Finished a short but nice SNAKE Fest at my home lol!

I can say WhiteSnake really very good dynamics and very neutral. But it did not have enough poison for my Rig. The Dark side still rules! :party:

I thank eric for letting me try his white snake. The Z2 very good pairing. Listening to U2 with a warm and WIDE soundstage. :grin:

I think Eric severly poisoned by the Dark Master in my arsenal. lol! :whistle:

:b2t

I have another updated pic next week my Dac Magic will be very happy. I hope to post some pics and may be a review on the site. Until then will listen till the Z2 ready. :cans:

hahaha :D

the blacksand silver reference is a truly a beast......

i got shocked by it and it is all blacksand from z1 ,zII to silver reference

from amp, my dac and to yur cdp.....the best synergy i heard with different cans watever u pair with it

audiotechnica w1k, hd650, beyers, akgs and rs-1 sorry lol but since akg and rs-1 i heard b4 with blacksand V1 and i can attest that silver reference have the charactestic of Z1 and dynamics power of oyaide Gpx with wider soundstage of it as well...

fast, rich , lush, perfect balanced on both sides and no grain or muddy at all , laidback, and the power is there to drive my cans to max...

i wondered how it will fare with oyaide 004 plugs ...... :D

Edited by Eric Chia

hahaha :D

the blacksand silver reference is a truly a beast......

i got shocked by it and it is all blacksand from z1 ,zII to silver reference

from amp, my dac and to yur cdp.....the best synergy i heard with different cans watever u pair with it

audiotechnica w1k, hd650, beyers, akgs and rs-1....

fast, rich , lush, perfect balanced on both sides and no grain or muddy at all , laidback, and the power is there to drive my cans to max...

i wondered how it will fare with oyaide 004 plugs ...... :D

No AKG and RS1 there... :P Though I feel better that I made the right choice in grabbing a good deal on a Z1. I definitely can't afford the Silver Reference. :rclxub:

look like silver reference is a winner?! hmmm....

seem like my spare Z1 got to go...

wait...silver reference placed on amp, CDP or DAC? what are the other components using??