ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Stax 4070 is not woodie lah. Some kind of plastic material right? :think: Post it's pic.

Wood la.

IPB Image

http://www.headphonereviews.org/headphone....headphoneId=228

Haha! Just realized that it's made of wood after doing a search and found the following link. New toy right?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/stax-4070...ig-pics-196954/

No lah, not new. had it for almost 1 year liao.

Then welcome to the woodie club!! :yeah: But bro, honestly you need something that look more like wood. :whistle: Dynamic for you sir? :grin:

Edited by ical

New member to the family. :grin: It takes forever to burn in and finally it done with some additional secret receipt. This beast took me many days to tame. :sweat: High is so much smoothen without compromising detail. There's airness in mid. Bass is also tighter and lower. Sweet......

IPB Image

Hey, Ical, you should take a pic of all your woodies together...there are 4 now? Would be nice to see all the different specially treated woods on display...

Edited by Kachui

@Kachui & Eric

Did you find the woddified HD650 changing sound signature. The BASS is picking up for some reason. Is it the wood drying with the lacquer? :shocking: But anyway, I'm happy listening now. :cans:

To note: I even removed the Z2 just to check if it was just the cable. But the amount of BASS was definitely there even with the Audio Agile cable. It was the Soundstage and the punchy bass missing with the cable change but the quantity is still there. :think:

Everything sounds good now from vocal tracks to my Hiphop. With the Z2 + RR-77, I feel I'm listening surround. loL! :hifi:

well my hd650 is now not lacking of bass ...i am quite suprised that my hd650 perform like my Beyers but with more smoother mids and more soundstage

it is simply breathtaking, more powerful, energy and smoother to hear

i think the woodies need burning lol :D

aside from that, i did compare with the 2 oyaides and blacksand Z1

the Gpx-R is damm solid!!!!! crazy details and more wider soundstage + less brighter than Gpx Limited Ed...

when pair with blacksand, :DD i think i in heaven aledi.....perfectly match and very balanced...

the `ting` accoustic guitar i only heard in my beyer is showing in my hd650 :party: yeah!!!!

my beyer got their mids back!!!! just bout 50 hours burn in for my oyaide

another 100 hours to go...

Edited by Eric Chia

go for it kachui

u will not regret it

i sold my gpx aledi lol :D

Ha, ha...probably later stage. Other things to tweak at the moment. :grin:

Hellfire. hang around Echoloft's HiFi section. I've been seeing alot. Then just PM or SMS the guys for comments. ;)

@Kidult & Eric

Some more Eye Candy! :whistle:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thinking of some Oyaides later. :sweat:

Hey...Jojo...more Blacksands on sale here...

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/Y...&num=1238123386

...one with UK plug.

ooops...now I see the advert in this forum...ha, ha...

Edited by Kachui

:)) Finally...a good "house" for my rig...like Jojo...got it from Sky Audio...Steve delivered it himself, and carried the whole thing up two flights...really nice guy...helpful and friendly.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Kachui

Wow very nice stuff Kachui. Now I know what the bottom rack is for. It seemed a little too low for the amp or cdp. By the way the power cord joining the 1H to the PSU is long enough for the PSU to be placed below?

Hi Nofing, yes, the rack is pretty neat...and the cable from the PSU to 1H is more than adequate, in fact I can still move the PSU further away.

Edited by Kachui

:)) Finally...a good "house" for my rig...like Jojo...got it from Sky Audio...Steve delivered it himself, and carried the whole thing up two flights...really nice guy...helpful and friendly.

Nice rack my friend! :thumbup: How heavy is yours. mine is the short but 3 tier one. It's Heavy laready. Can't imagine bringing yours up 2 flights of stairs. :shocking:

Bought the Z1 already. Some footers to boot. Everything should be floating now. loL! :whistle:

@hellfire112,

you need an IC soon :P

Those old Sony cdp can sound really good. Get a good powercord will sound even better. :grin:

indeed, if my memory serves me right, this cdp was already in my home when i was in pri sch. at least 10yrs of history! it does like to throw temper from time to time thou(totally refusing to read any of my cds late last night and keep rejecting them. lol)

my powercord is hardwired to the cdp. :whistle:

what i like about the cdp is it is very simple at the back. the powerchord is hardwired, there is a 110v/220v switch, and just a pair of RCA outputs which writes "Line Out"

Simplicity for the win. :grin:

I do need to find some stands to elevate my millet from my cdp thou. :think:

@ jojo: Yes, that thing is really heavy...and putting the pins onto the plates, man that was hard...need space to do that.

Wow...looks like your rig is almost there...

...now perhaps an upgrade of the CDP? :grin:

Edited by Kachui