Sign in to follow this  
lengcm

The Future of SGHeadphones

I have always hoped to see more interesting reading material.

Oh! having smiley's are fine but over indulgence is just not on tongue.gif

Its just a suggestion, but could we have something like a website to archive all the reviews and articles done by our various members. Something like SPUG, just a website to store reviews and articles, and once in a while related news update.

1) We can share these reviews and articles with everyone

2) Sometimes when we need to look for an old article or review don't need to search like mad

3) It could act as a teaser for interested parties who are reluctant to join the forum initially, once they see see the reviews and articles, it could actually persuade them to find out more in the forum.

4) Related news update can be posted, useful if you're on the road or busy and don't have time to actually go through all the thread.

Well, just my $0.02 worth of thoughts

1. An archive for gear reviews and comparisons(the well written ones only)

2. A separate photo gallery to archive the good photos posted. Photos posted here tend to get lost after a while, esp if the person is using some free photohosting service. Just look at the post your setup threads on any forum, including this one.

(I realise this will cost money, so it might not be practical)

3. More substance and less noise. (this depends entirely on the members, of course)

Ah, yes, I agree with Mat about not overdoing the smilies.

Edited by av98m

Well, my one request is for the use of less Singlish/broken English, as we are getting more members from all over the world, and we don't want to leave a bad impression.

A better CHIOBU thread..... naughty.gif

Jason do please cut it out. There are female members who may find this offensive eventhough I know you meant no harm by it.

Edited by Rameish

Well, my one request is for the use of less Singlish/broken English, as we are getting more members from all over the world, and we don't want to leave a bad impression.

Most peoples English here seems perfectly fine to me, and I am English!!

...but then again I am also dyslexic so.. yeah happy.gif

Just a small idea, but maybe to go with the prices sticky we could have a image archive for all headphones? Something for Jason to drool over other than the CHIOBU thread!

Edited by Tenson

I think the future of headphones relies on our interaction with each other, so i would like to see more of that. Id like to see more meets/mini-meets/auditions/get-togethers/whatever, to foster more and stronger bonds as that can only reflect in the forums and make us grow stronger. The bigger exposure our members have to those hard to find or expensive cans, the more interesting our discussions will be!

Also another point to note would be some form or another way of inducting new guys/gals to the forum. Make it easier for them and for us to answer their reccomendation requests. Maybe a recommendation guide?

hmm i agrees on Qoo and kenshinz ... but hope to see a webby of SGH !! laugh.gif

anything that requires major re-design of the place is out of the question right now. I've no time to do all this. sleep.gif

UNLESS someone would like to take over the management of the place. any volunteers? wink.gif

Another site I visit (which was coded from scratch) is http://www.togoparts.com

They have a gallery, forums, article section, reviews, shop listings. The only thing that's not allowed there is a pricelist of equipment (which is discouraged by the site admins).

They also have a calender and events section.

Have a visit to that site .

Chris

Sponsorship so that we can open up & expand - online forum & Meet wise.

Is there any takers to Ablaze's suggestion for a co-administrator?

Maybe we can have a committe of sort, if we're going to expand, its gonna take more than the effort of a single person to make it happen. Maybe we could have a meeting sort of like an AGM to discuss the directions for SGH in the coming year.