tropicalrips

Digital Camera

N@z: heheh nothing fancy

ok looks like sb600 better choice for me yes.gif

Edited by Blues

Nothing fancy means D70 lah! Or you're getting a used D100? Unless the speedlights can be used on other makes?

The SB600 also has the tilting head (minus tilting down 7 degrees on the SB800) for bounce. Does it have the white bounce car built it? Not really essential as you can DIY that bit on.

SB600 no white bounce card and can diy one just like u said. U can use the speedlights on the s2/s3pro series also. So, an upgrade path is there unless u get the upcoming d2x. tongue.gif

Good good. You getting the VR lenses straight away? wink.gif

alamak!! hehe not so rich la.. will be using the kit lens at this pt ..

but eyeing on a 50mm/1.4 already hehe.. later la save enuff first.. damn broke already blush.giftongue.gif

Actually, I wonder why no one is getting the Dynax 7D. It has lense compatibility with the Dynax Film SLR range which has been around for a long time. Also has Anti-shake capability on the body itself and a extra large 2.5" LCD. Yummy.. Makes me feel like getting it especially since my dad 'stole' my Lumix for vacation.

As you requested rips:

D70

SB800

Nikon Bag - containing microfiber cloth, blower & lenspen.

(Taken using the CoolPix995)

DSCN0073.jpg

wub.gif how big a hole it the whole thing burn your wallet N@Z laugh.gif

the thing below the SB800...its a stand for the flash? unsure.gif

Pretty big "hole" especially for the D70 since I bought it here (My cancelled trip to SG saw to that). The SB800 was bought in KL so it was more reasonable. The little stand comes with the SB800 kit it's for the remote commander mode which I haven't tried yet. You can fit the stand on to a tripod.

Yesterday charged the battery while I went to sleep too tired.. so today just managed to play around with the new toy tongue.gif

Test shots:

1.My friend's coolpix w00t.gif

user posted image

2.Nothing much sleep.gif

user posted image

Had a little disaster last night. The photos I took during a family function was gone from my 1.0GB SanDisk Ultra II CF Card when I plugged it into my PC's card reader. When I tried accessing the images in-camera it was also not there. Normally I make sure that my camera is switched off before handling the CF card but somehow on recollection I'm not 100% sure whether that was the case last night.

The images are of no real value other than sentimental because it captures the moments at my parent's house during Hari Raya Haji celebrations, my relatives whom I seldom see were present so I'd really like to be able to recover them where possible. Is there any freeware that's able to do this? The Ultra II doesn't come with RescuePRO available with the Extreme Cards. The online demo only allows thumbnail recovery (but I haven't tried). I went to my usual photo lab & they're asking $25 for the service which includes labour for carrying out the data recovery & burning the recovered images on to a (Black) CD-R. It doesn't sound unreasonable but when they mentioned that they generally expect only to be able to recover 75% of the images with some probably as partial images, I hesitated.

Any advice? I'm making some google searches as I write this as well.

Thanks, managed to find it before you posted. Results...? Still processing

It's taking ages to check through all the sectors, maybe because of my old PIII or the fairly large NEF (Nikon RAW) format files. It's only 50% progress after over 1/2hr after I ran the program. Looking at the progress so far I may be able to recover about 30 images. I think I took around +40 images last night.