tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Hi guys, my dad wants to buy storage media for his digicam, I believe it's the xD and Microdrive (Compact Flash) types. Anyone has any recommendation on where I might be able to get a good deal? I know there are lots of shops in SLS, but not sure which one... Thanks!

Kinda late, but you can check out http://www.eastgear.com, reasonable price, and reputable shop with good service.

The Kingston CF 1GB sold for $119

Which shop? Thanks!

Sorry I don't quite remember, should be one or a few of the shops on the 4th floor. I may have mixed up the prices as there were too many of them there...

Apparently for the San Disk CF cards, there are two different types of packaging (see-through plastic with pure English wordings, and cardboard box with English and Chinese wordings) , not sure whether there's a difference in origin, but it seems that the price differs.

I think there were someone mentioning on Clubsnap that the Kingston CF card is abit slow, seems slower than the normal SanDisk CF card.

the Kingston CF cards in SLS now are of slower speeds (2 mb/sec) which explains their low price, its the same with their Flash drive.

Kingston has another type of CF card, "Elite" type which is about 10mb/sec, but i hav not seen them in SLS yet

Got your DSLR yet 'rips? Dibs on your 8080 wink.gif

BTW how much is the 512mb/1GB LEXAR Media 80X or SanDisk EXTREME III cards cost? I'm wondering whether it'd be a good idea to compile a price list for memory cards since it's quite a regular question posted, unless such a list already exisit in other local (digi)camera forums then maybe a link to the said forum should suffice.

Cool, thanks!

Got your DSLR yet 'rips? Dibs on your 8080 wink.gif

i'm holding back on plans for the DSLR for now tongue.gif maybe next year, looks like the price for DSLR is coming down, the Olympus E1 has drop almost $1000, now waiting for the rest to drop

The E1 uses the 'four thirds' system rite? u might be limited with yer lens choices there...

The E1 uses the 'four thirds' system rite? u might be limited with yer lens choices there...

for first time DSLR users thats ok, since u don't hav any lens anyway, and the lens for DSLR is not cheap, don't think will be buying that many lens unless u r pro happy.gif

Hehe took this pigeon at raffles place, it happily posed for quite a while making things easy, change to b&w, tweaked the contrast, and the fake grains tongue.gif

post-4-1102608350.jpg

Hehe took this pigeon at raffles place, it happily posed for quite a while making things easy, change to b&w, tweaked the contrast, and the fake grains 

Very nice B&W effect! The fake grain also nice and artistic! Great shot and post processing thumbup1.gif

What is that?

DSC_1245.jpg

N@z, looks like pineapple family by the look of the inflorescence and leaves but the stem seems to say no way. So, no idea. biggrin.gif

Edited by heady