tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Err... no. It does look like something pineapply but it's oddly on a stem. It has turned yellowy now, didn't take a photo as it doesn't look particularly nice now as it grows larger.

Anyone got any Dry Cabinet recommendations? I made a google search but as usual I am confused with the plethora of information available. I just need a modest (read: small but not too small & affordable).

Oh yeah last night I also took this using night landscape mode.

NBT.jpg

A normal container with those silica gel would suffice really. Not really necessary to buy a dry box.

So if I have a carry bag put some silica gel enuff you think?

Just remember to change new ones when they change colour. 1 bottle can last a lifetime (u get what i mean) and cost very little. If you happen to have an air-tight container the silica gel will last much much longer.

Cheapest way is to get a generic airtight container that fits your need, pour in silica gel ($5 a bottle) put a layer of paper over it and put the rest of your barang barang in.

Or you can go for a digi-cabi dry cabinet, they having some offer now, a 30l cabinet W301xD293xH436cm is available for $99, check out at www.digihub.com.sg

BTW, silica gel are supposed to be changed once they turn pink (original color: blue) you can actually extend the life of silica gel by getting any old useless cooking pot and bake them slowly over low heat. Once they turn back blue (meaning all the water vapour has evaporated) you can use them again

Seems ok so far, the 1 time I tried it out of boredom....4 years back.... I'm still using the same bottle of silica gel, actually if u use them in a dry/airtight box they very seldom turn pink

Can use microwave oven also... Hehe... Mine turned pink liaoz... Need to microwave then put back in my drybox. but too lazy.. lol....

Careful about using microwave oven, haha silica gel is posionous, think will release some fumes when being heated

Oh oh. I used to do this for years, maybe that's why my brain is going..... biggrin.gif

But seriously, if silica gel is poisonous, they won't allow them in the same pack as food. Some crackers or Japanese tidbits have them inside the package to keep the food crispy. I think it is because the silica gel is marked "Not for consumption" that we get the idea that it is poisonous.

The auto dry cabinet we can buy works on the same principle, they have a heater which heats the silica gel inside the cabinet to regenerate the hygroscopic property. Unless they have some new technology nowadays. Mine works like what I described.

Maybe the heating in the dry cabinet is done using some heated air or something, which means temperature can be controlled. Microwave direct radiation can be very hot right? My guess.

LOL this is getting interesting, anyway whichever way one goes about doing it, just remember not to mix them with food tongue.gif

On a slightly more serious note, anyone have any good and cheap wide angle convertor to recommend? Preferably 52mm rear thread or slightly larger. Been looking at the Olympus WCON07, seems quite a good piece of equipment, just wondering if it can be used with my SLR also...... whistling.gif