Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The mini D70 users thread

Try changing the shooting menu to VIVID or in CUSTOM increase the saturation & change to colour mode III - IIIa (sRGB). After trying out the two I prefer using VIVID. Alternatively change the default in-camera curve.

DM.jpg

thanks N@Z smile.gif

in-camera curve? unsure.gif where is that? i can't find this setting in the menu...

I think what he meant was to replace the original D70 curve by loading in those custom curves like White Wedding, etc .. go do a search on D70 custom curves.

Blues, thats her alright, she's in TP now. Pic was taken when we were doin the TP open house.

Tropical, try reading up on david chin's lessons and posts on the D70 from the link earlier, quite a useful guide from there.

N@Z, links work fine thanks! Will try to reorganize next time.

ok i tried the curves setting, seems to be what i was looking for smile.gif

it needs to work with the Nikon capture software, but that was fun biggrin.gif u can control all the cameras setting from the software, inculding all the controls and u can shoot from the PC and it captures directly into the hard drive, very useful for trying out settings...lets u see the changes without removing the CF card

here's a shot with normal setting

user posted image

here with mid tone boost curve that i downloaded

user posted image

it seems to hav overcome the under exposure problem that people complain about for Nikons, the 2 shots were taken without changing any other setting except for the curve.

it was set to long exposure making the test not as accurate, will try it again tomorrow when there's natural light

Edited by tropicalrips

Looks like yer having fun with yer capture? tongue.gif

Just a quickie before i go to sleep. From the TP openhouse last week. Sum trial bikers showin their stuff.

user posted image

user posted image

Hi All, sorry for not participating for some time tongue.gif

Qoo, I like you candle foto, very nice with correct exposure yes.gif

Tropical, I used Nikon FM2 long time ago, and now selling my Canon EOS5. Still using G2 for the mean time, waiting for the new EOS 350D party.gif Sorry guys, I'm not joining D70 club tongue.gif

The 350D is very cool, small, powerfull, and.... cheap... biggrin.gif

Some shots of the National day parade this morning.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Some of the shots would've been nice with telephoto like the Sultan, then the 5th photo and maybe the last one! w00t.gif

time for the 70-200VR N@z!!! LOL lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I know, I was like going "arggh! ". I also keep forgetting to bring my lens hood. Do you guys keep it on all the time or just during the day only?

Saw lots of media photographers & some enthusiasts with Nikon & Canon gear with nearly foot long telephoto zoom lenses, made me feel so ohmy.gif & blush.gif

I only use the hood during the day...or else at night when i use the flash...i get hood shadow.. i spoilt quite a few nice shots when i forgot about it. no.gif

Those foot long telephoto zoom lenses cost a bomb man... a nice 70-200VR f2.8 will do you nicely. innocent.gif If u need the extra reach, a nice teleconverter will do the trick at only a loss of half a stop. whistling.gif Are u using a curve as well N@Z? Sum really nice pics there man! How come yer standing in the middle of the crowd? Looks like yer in the middle of the parade!

Thanks Bram for the nice comments almost missed it!

Edited by Q00

a test shot this morning with custom curve smile.gif

user posted image

in SLS

the color is still a little off, but i think this was due to the lighting in SLS and i did not hav a flash

user posted image

lion dance performance, it was higher then it looks smile.gif

user posted image

i remember the color of the lion is yellow, but i can't get that color on the pics

user posted image

i took over a hundred shots, most of them were blur due to the movment cause i didn't hav a flash to allow a faster shutter speed, this is 1 of the better ones

user posted image

Edited by tropicalrips

Love the bunga kertas. The jumping lion on the last one is great too.

Q00: I've tried using the lens hood with SB800 so far it has not affected it. Maybe bacause it's higher than the built-in flash. You guys keep telling me to get the VR... maybe it's a sign! I was participating in the march past parade hence we were in the middle of the field. If I wasn't I would have been able to get more event pics.