matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

If I'm not mistaken, I bought them when it was first released so it had this extra outer CD sleeve. The actual CD inlay card should be the same as yours...

SAVE0120.jpg

Finally got round to listening to this CD. This is the last one in the 20 or so CDs I bought in SG last August.

This is a gatefold style case (Very vinyl style!). Remastered edition & it sounds fantastic. I think this will sound superb on a speaker set up. The music is so laid back anymore laid back & I'll be vertical! Great for coming to after a hard days work. This is Brazillian Bossanova Jazz music at it's best for those unfamiliar with his work. Almost everyone should be familiar with 'The girl from Ipanema'. When I listen to this track I get transported back into time...

SAVE0121.jpg

Sting's first solo album after the 'POLICE', but can't detatch himself from the bands sound albeit a little bit more polished. No surprises the three piece band couldn't go on without him, it was on of my favourite bands of the 80's

post-4-1065061547.jpg

Sting's second solo effort, effortlessly smooth. Favourite tracks 'Fragile' (I like the acoustic guitar work on this track) and the cover version of Jimi Hendrix's 'Little Wing'

post-4-1065062301.jpg

I have the single of fragile where he sang the song in 3 different versions. English, Spanish & Portuguese. Not to mention an additional instrumential version.

Englishman in New York is my Favourite from that album. This album (regardless CD or vinyl always) lacked bass extension/weight on a speaker system. Have not tried it out on headphones to see whether the details are there.